Selling Orcs and Armor

This is the general forum.

Selling Orcs and Armor

Postby genexcuse » Wed Apr 12, 2006 9:17 am

I sold off a bunch of my orcs mid-season and they took their armor with them. As an experiment, I removed an orc's armor and THEN sold him and his value remained the same. Shouldn't armor either stay with the team or adjust their value?
genexcuse
Overlord

Postby TheIceMage » Wed Apr 12, 2006 9:20 am

I think the best answer is to remove armor (and weapon) automatically when you sell an orc. If you want to sell the armor separately, you can do that now. At rollover, the armor stays with the team if you don't keep an orc.
TheIceMage
Site Admin

Postby vain » Wed Apr 12, 2006 9:46 am

Semi-related note, what is with the calculated worth? I have some orcs with a calculated worth in the thousands but only the option to sell them for a mere pittance. Having never thought this viable I am yet to sell an orc that could at least be harvesting some loot. Could you please explain to me that part.
Proudly shilling Orcade since 2003
vain
Overlord

Postby TheIceMage » Wed Apr 12, 2006 10:07 am

Purchase price is what you last paid for the orc, be it in an auction or rollover. If you drafted the orc, this is the same as calculated value at the time the orc was drafted.

Calculated value is based on the orc's stats. It's about what you would expect to pay if you picked up the orc from the homelands. Some day, this calculation will be changing. It currently weighs Center too strongly.

Sale value is 85% of the purchase price. Further, sale value is 0 if the orc is dead, and about 43% if the orc is in prison (85% of 50%).

At rollover, the orc asks for (demands?) its calculated value. This cost is further capped at 1.5 times the purchase price. If you bought an orc for 200, trained him and gave him play time so that his calculated value is now 2,000, at rollover you would have to pay 300 for him. The following season, you'd have to pay 450, and so on.

This purchase price is further modified by how well your team is doing. Orcs ask for more from winning teams - as much as 15% more.

- Brett
TheIceMage
Site Admin

Return to Let's talk OrcSports!