TOUGHNESS

This is the general forum.

TOUGHNESS

Postby moto_marcuk » Fri Jul 07, 2006 6:27 am

Hey Guys,

Just a couple of things really. I've been playing this game awhile now and i'm still loving it even though my teams quite terrible at the moment!!!

The other thing is: Is there a way to increase/improve a players Toughness at all? Or will there be some addition in the future to be able to do this?

Kind regards,

Marc
moto_marcuk
Overlord

Postby tomchaps » Fri Jul 07, 2006 6:53 am

If your orc goes to jail from looting a lot, his toughness improves, although he takes a hit on his best attributes.

Basically, since toughness is a stat that never improves, be very, very wary of orcs with toughness 1 and 2. After the novice season, they're not going to stay in any game very long against most teams.
tomchaps
Senior Overlord

Postby TheIceMage » Fri Jul 07, 2006 7:18 am

On the bright side, toughness 1-2 orcs can have good skills and are less expensive. They can make the difference in a close game and stick around for several seasons through rollover with the lower cost.
TheIceMage
Site Admin

Postby Cazior » Fri Jul 07, 2006 8:08 am

Toughness 1: 20 hit points.
Toughness 2: 30 hit points.
Toughness 3: 40 hit points.
Toughness 4: 50 hit points.
Toughness 5: 60 hit points.

Tolerance reduces the amount of play time an orc has in order to improve his safety from being killed and missing the next 7 days. If tolerance is 15, the Toughness=1 orc has only 5 hit points to take before he sits the rest of the game, while a Toughness=3 orc has 25 hit points to take (five times as much) and a Toughness=5 orc 45 hit points (nine times as much).

Watch how much damage your orcs take during games, and how much damage they take looting the various city quarters, to determine how wise it is to draft low-toughness orcs.
Division II Hibernation: The Snotley Motleys
Division II Hibernation: The Paisleys
Cazior
Senior Overlord

Postby TheIceMage » Fri Jul 07, 2006 10:44 am

Richie's Riches (Elite), arguably my best team, employs no toughness-1 orcs and seven toughness-2 orcs. Here's their stats from last season:

Akoojook (Defense) - 254 minutes played, 23 knockouts given, 16 blocked shots, 7 interceptions caught.

Dukdubmolq (Defense) - 90 minutes played, 3 knockouts given, 2 interceptions caught, scored 8 points. I keep him because his rollover cost is under 1,000 gold.

Pufooblex (Goalie) - 351 minutes played. Ended the season as the #2 goalie with an 86% save rate and 3 interceptions caught.

Xiguros (Goalie) - 260 minutes played (2nd line goalie). Ended the season as the #8 goalie with a 74% save rate. I kept him because of his performance in the playoffs, even though he was the 6th most expensive orc on the team.

Urfnotzeef (Wing) - 203 minutes played. Knockouts given: 1. Knockouts received: 1. 5 blocked shots, 1 interception caught. Scored 43 points.

Voypagak (Wing) - 255 minutes played. Knockouts given: 1. Knockouts received: 1. 4 blocked shots, 2 interceptions caught. Scored 80 points.

Zephnavatnat (Wing) - 153 minutes played. Knockouts given: 2. Knockouts received: 0. 7 blocked shots. 1 interception caught. Scored 44 points.

7 players is 20% of a team. Assuming 26 games (regular season + playoffs), that's 6,240 total minutes. these seven took care of 1,566 minutes of my season, which is just over 25% of the season. Not bad since only one of them was on the first line.

- Brett
TheIceMage
Site Admin

Postby sharp » Fri Jul 07, 2006 12:48 pm

I find low toughness is fine on defense and to some extent on wings but centers just take too much of a hammering.
sharp
Elite Overlord

Postby tomchaps » Fri Jul 07, 2006 1:03 pm

Yes, I guess I overstated the drawbacks of toughness 2 orcs, but I've noticed that in novice leagues overlords really don't take it into account as much. In later drafts, as Brett said, most of the others will discount the weak ones accordingly, and you can pick up some great orcs cheap. And, as Sharp noted, defenders don't take as much damage, so don't worry about them as much.
tomchaps
Senior Overlord

Postby TheIceMage » Fri Jul 07, 2006 2:34 pm

Plus, high eek orcs can DANCE!
TheIceMage
Site Admin

Return to Let's talk OrcSports!