1MGC - How long?

This is the general forum.

1MGC - How long?

Postby TheIceMage » Thu Jan 22, 2009 11:29 am

When this contest started, my original optimistic estimate was that someone could accumulate a million gold in 5 seasons. I just finished my second season, and between my treasury and the sale value of orcs and equipment, my reachable gold amount is around 402,000 right now.

That sounds on-track to my estimate, but could be somewhat deceptive. Maybe 6 is a more accurate number of seasons. On the other hand, the value of games and orcs increases from here, so who knows?
39-21-23-72 on 4/9/2009
34-11-14-38 on 12/5/2007
30-8-9-33 on 5/2/2007
::goldmedal:: ::silvermedal:: ::bronzemedal:: ::dog::
TheIceMage
Site Admin

Postby tuneloon » Thu Jan 22, 2009 5:54 pm

Nearing the end of season 4

As it stands now, I have

180K in cash

120K for selling orcs (I have only prepaid 8 for next season)

50K for selling equipment

So I'm at 350K total value with just 3 days of looting & the playoffs remaining. If I can make the finals as the #1 seed, I can add another 24-36K on top of that, but will still be below 400K in total team value.

Even with a good money season in Div I, I think it'll still take me well into my Elite season (if I make Elite) to get there. And what's scary is that I appear to be in the lead outside of ICE and the computer run team.
Dorc
tuneloon
Elite Overlord

Postby ettiene » Fri Jan 23, 2009 1:05 am

I am also around the 330k mark if all money is recovered from orc sales and armor. Put quite a bit of cash into rollover which seems to hamper my team every season. Might have to start looking at spending less money on orcs. Its nice to get more cash during the season but kinda giving it back come rollover. What is your teams rollover costs?
41 Championships
15 Second places
8 Third places
Avg Finish: 2.22
Undefeated teams:
Bluebulls 1st, 8th
Domination 4th,5th, 7th
Experimental morons 2nd,8th
ettiene
Overlord with the Most Balls

Re: 1MGC - How long?

Postby BattleAxeSubtle » Sat Jan 24, 2009 5:28 am

TheIceMage wrote:When this contest started, my original optimistic estimate was that someone could accumulate a million gold in 5 seasons. I just finished my second season, and between my treasury and the sale value of orcs and equipment, my reachable gold amount is around 402,000 right now.

That sounds on-track to my estimate, but could be somewhat deceptive. Maybe 6 is a more accurate number of seasons. On the other hand, the value of games and orcs increases from here, so who knows?

Mike's Hairy Orcs (1MGC) Division IV (week 3)
Estimated Value: 170K

Mike's Banko Orco (1MGC) Hibernating (Ready for Div. III)
Estimated Value: 200K

However, as you say, the value of games (and players and probably looting as more hit the merchant area and do so more usefully) goes up with each season. Then again, the healing bills also go up if the team is to be competitive.

I'm still unclear as to whether it is better to concentrate on looting (doing no healing) or winning games.

Though the armour value is an estimate.
BattleAxeSubtle
Overlord

Postby tuneloon » Sat Jan 24, 2009 8:36 am

Etteine.... my rollover cost is about 135K

57K of that is on 3 orcs that I wont be able to keep.

For the upcoming Div I league, the difference between 21-0 and 0-21 in earnings is 42K plus playoff money, which wouldn't justify keeping the 3 players mentioned above.

The 8 players that I have rolled over have a total value of under 10K, and one of them is the #2 Goalie in the league. I figure he's worth a couple of victories, which would make him worth the investment. Most of the keepers are good looters that cost less than 600 gold each to roll.
Dorc
tuneloon
Elite Overlord

Postby randomluck » Sun Jan 25, 2009 8:11 pm

tuneloon wrote:Etteine.... my rollover cost is about 135K

Guess I'm not doing too bad, then. I have 133K in gold, and most of the entire team I'm carrying over to the next season. I've been carrying over most of the team. I have about 150K in orcs, plus all their equipment. probably gets close to 300k.

I'm not sure if its good to win games or loot either. I believe if the homelands had a few decent orcs (just one worth 15K or 20K), that means coming in dead last would be good becuase its worth an extra 60k or 80k before the looting. However, homelands have been dry, and only a few of m orcs are worth anything.

Another thing I'm interested in: Is it worth it to pay rollover early, or late? I've been paying over since the beginning, which means I'm trailing in the total stats, but come end of the season I have this bounce up. Plus, at the beginning of the next season I don't seem to lose too much as I'm not bidding on orcs.
The Black Belt Beaters
Honest Tricksters
Followers of One Fang
Three Claws
Fifth Times the Charm
Not the Face! Not the Face!
Mwuhahaha
randomluck
Elite Overlord

Return to Let's talk OrcSports!