Who has training?

This is the general forum.

Should the Training page show who owns which facilities?

Poll ended at Tue Jun 28, 2011 9:07 am

Yes, definitely
33%
No - that's too much information for your opponents
33%
Not sure
33%
What's this "training" you speak of?
No votes

Total votes : 3

Who has training?

Postby TheIceMage » Thu Jun 16, 2011 9:07 am

A long time ago, I made the decision that the training page would show which facilities were out there, but not which overlord had which facility. I'm rethinking that, and wondering your opinion. Should you be able to see which overlord has which training facilities?
39-21-23-72 on 4/9/2009
34-11-14-38 on 12/5/2007
30-8-9-33 on 5/2/2007
::goldmedal:: ::silvermedal:: ::bronzemedal:: ::dog::
TheIceMage
Site Admin

Gravy train

Postby Dizzy » Thu Jun 16, 2011 8:44 pm

I remember being aggravated, early in my Orcsports experience, that said detailed training information was unavailable. I mean, why wouldn't you know who-has-what-all? You would be able to gauge the strength of your opponents and gear up your lines appropriately to try to counter it. But here are my more mellowed and deliberated thoughts:
::goldstar:: How the hell would you counter it?
::goldstar:: It's part of the mystique of figuring out your opponents' strategies and strengths, like the money rankings that just show ranges of gold in the treasury instead of exact values, or the Herald, which just shows silver and gold stars and dogs instead of actual stats.
::goldstar:: Just because a team has no training facilities doesn't mean they're a bunch of bumblers in a berry patch. I mean, my Meathooks team has no training at all and they tore a path to the Elites like a hot butterknife through a kitten. No undefeated seasons, mind you, but a nice rep nonetheless.
::goldstar:: I once felt pressured to keep up with the Training Race, but now I couldn't care less. It's just not my bag, baby. Too expensive per facility, too long to train, and by the time an orc has finished training, he's too old and/or you've found someone naturally better (and you can actually afford him), especially once you've hit the Elites. Also, checking in between late-night-looting and early-morning-training to make sure that everyone's out of jail and healthy enough to train is, well, just too much these days, between work and family.

Other additions that I might prefer to see include...
::beer:: Team histories. If I hadn't been keeping track on paper, I'd have no recollection of how any of my teams have fared since Novice League, who their opponents were, etc,
::beer:: Some kind of difference between elbow and boot spikes, like being able to equip both, or maybe the option to buy one-game-and-done boosts for particular stats or fatigue or toughness or something.
::beer:: Something on which to spend one's credits and silver. The Tournament discussion was left unresolved, if I recall correctly.
::beer:: Other team upgrades. Think cheerleaders, upgraded healers, sponsorships that increase prize money as long as you keep winning, etc.
::beer:: Split the assistant to set lines at 3PM and take care of everything else at 8AM, just before training.

Not that I'm griping about the state of the game! No, blood and fire, no. I've just had a long time to think about it.

...Boy, you didn't ask for any of that. Phoo! To sum up, my vote was for "Leave it the way it is."
Spleenrippaz -- 3rd, 6th, 1st, 1st, 1st, 3rd, 2nd
Meathooks -- 1st, 1st, 2nd, 2nd
Eels -- 1st
Dizzy
Elite Overlord

Re: Who has training?

Postby jinsaku » Fri Jun 17, 2011 12:49 am

* Split the assistant to set lines at 3PM and take care of everything else at 8AM, just before training.

Amusingly, we just talked about this at the office last week, since it sets your looters at 3PM pre-game, you game, but that might change the looting, for example.
jinsaku
Overlord

Postby jinsaku » Fri Jun 17, 2011 12:49 am

Oh, and keep training hidden. It's a good frustration to help feel more like you're falling behind.
jinsaku
Overlord

Postby GlorkagGutripper » Fri Jul 08, 2011 7:55 pm

I say keep the training hidden. Not sure how an Orc can keep a secret, but sure it could be done....... :shock:
GlorkagGutripper
Overlord

Return to Let's talk OrcSports!