Tolerance

In this forum, some different strategies of OrcSports are brought up in articles and/or discussions.

Tolerance

Postby Dave » Thu Jun 22, 2006 11:12 am

Can anyone offer advice on what I should set tolerances at?

Thanx
Dave
Overlord

Postby sharp » Thu Jun 22, 2006 3:14 pm

Well, personally I use 11 for my anytime tolerance. I generally don't lose any orcs at that level if they are armored up appropriately and they stay in the game nice and long to get experience. The level really depends on your armor level, your opponent (how hard they hit), and what you are trying to accomplish. If you want your subs to come in earlier and get gametime exp, then you should set it higher - to 20-something (assuming you don't have any tough 1 guys with only 20 hits to start with). The default tol 14 is ok. You may want to consider setting tol lower than you normally would in a make-or-break playoff game.
sharp
Elite Overlord

Postby tomchaps » Fri Jun 23, 2006 7:44 am

Yeah, it's important to look at your opponent's previous games--if they score a lot of knockouts or force a lot of subs, set your tolerance higher.

I tend to set mine around 14, to help prevent cheap knockouts or fatigue. The lower the tolerance, the riskier the game for the orc.
tomchaps
Senior Overlord

Return to Strategy Articles and Talk