Armour

In this forum, some different strategies of OrcSports are brought up in articles and/or discussions.

Armour

Postby Bogdanovist » Fri Aug 18, 2006 12:41 am

Any thoughts on strategies to do with armour?

I'm in the midst of my first playoffs and for some reason my team is struggling. In fact they seem to have dipped towards the end of the season after a strong start. The most obvious thing that could explain it (as far as I can see) is that I starting gearing up with armour at around the time my team dipped. I'm in a Novice league and all my three lines have full chain armour except for my first line goalies in full plate and a few other bits of plate I've looted over the season scattered around.

I was just beaten by a team I beat in the regular season who wear wearing only leather across the board. I've had low medical costs with my chain armour, and my first two lines get a lot of play time, but I'm thinking that maybe I'm being too precious with so much armour? If I strip back down to leather would I expect to see a big change in the results? I need to win the next game to stay alive in the season and I'm thinking I'll try going down to leather to see if it helps, I have to change somthing!

Any thoughts on when to use what armour levels from the pros?
Bogdanovist
Senior Overlord

Postby Brakgwar » Fri Aug 18, 2006 8:43 am

Hmmm well ...........

A few questions i have for you are....

1. What are your 1st and 2nd lines Eek (An Orc with a Eek 1 and full plate is basicly a statue on the Field and tires quickly) well its not quite that bad but you get the point 8)
2. Have you been rotating them out (first line to second and back to manage Fatigue) Tired orc's go to the bench more often so if your 2nd line has low skills/seasons you would suffer untill your first line heads back out.
Brakgwar
Former "Overlord with the Most Balls"

Postby Bogdanovist » Sat Aug 19, 2006 3:45 am

Tiredness is not the issue for the playoffs, though I was playing a few too tired orcs late in the season. The question about eek is far more telling though. In myt first two lines I have two players with eek 3, the rest are 2 or 1 (and a lot are 1).

What does eek do? My understanding is that it helps to avoid being hit, is used by goalies in diving save attempts (which rarely seem to happen) and is a secondary looting stat.

I've viewed eek as a lesser stat and havn't really paid much attention to it, as can be seen by the low Eek of my front lines :oops:

I guess I'm going to have to pay more attention to Eek in the future!
Bogdanovist
Senior Overlord

Postby TheIceMage » Sat Aug 19, 2006 8:23 am

If you've ever played a role playing game like D&D, think of Eek as "initiative." Orcs with higher eek react to the game around them faster. Those with lower eek get fooled more easily, etc.
TheIceMage
Site Admin

Postby Brakgwar » Sat Aug 19, 2006 8:29 am

Eek is a Major skill to consider in all position as far as old Brakky is concerned 8)
Brakgwar
Former "Overlord with the Most Balls"

Postby Bogdanovist » Sat Aug 19, 2006 4:09 pm

Phew! Thanks guys, I'm glad I found this out before I finalised my LOCO league bids! :D
Bogdanovist
Senior Overlord

Return to Strategy Articles and Talk