Div IV to Div III transition

In this forum, some different strategies of OrcSports are brought up in articles and/or discussions.

Div IV to Div III transition

Postby Bogdanovist » Thu Nov 02, 2006 1:21 am

I'm approaching the end of my first Div IV season and am into the serious pre-payment stage. What I'm wondering is what is going to happen in DivIII? My team is very expensive now, with a lot of experienced and high stat orcs. I will just be able to afford to keep everyone I want, assuming I do at least okay in the playoffs. What I want to know is, how am I going to afford to rollover at the end of the next season? By then my guys will be more experienced, plus I will pick up a few players from the DivIII homelands.

The problem I can see is that DivIV-> DivIII is the only transistion where the money from games dosn't go up at all. This will put a pretty tight squeeze on for cash at the end of the next season I think! I havn't really bought anything this season, I had everyone in chain with plate on goalies + a few other bits at the end of Novice. I've bought a few steel spikes, but that's about it, and I'm still only just covering rollover for this season. I can't see how I will do it with the same cash next season. In fact I'll probably have less cash, since DivIII will probably be better contested so I may not win as many games.

Is this DivIII squeeze a common issue? How have experienced players coped?
Bogdanovist
Senior Overlord

Postby Brakgwar » Thu Nov 02, 2006 8:28 am

AT rollover Look at Sell Cost ... What I do is Release 1 or 2 Good Players who will sell at 2-5k more than the Keep cost (Usually Centers) Its a Tough Choice but if you want any Money (this usually Swings the Cash 20k or so in my favor) at all thats what you have to do. :wink:
Brakgwar
Former "Overlord with the Most Balls"

Postby tomchaps » Fri Nov 03, 2006 5:57 pm

Yeah, I do the same. I just rolled over my first III to II, and had to face this decision:

Keep my star center, #1 in faceoffs, scoring, #6 bruiser, still a full league season away from tiring, or get 35,000 more in gold?

35,000!
tomchaps
Senior Overlord

Return to Strategy Articles and Talk