Whats in a Center ?

In this forum, some different strategies of OrcSports are brought up in articles and/or discussions.

Postby Bogdanovist » Mon Jan 15, 2007 10:49 pm

Yeah the naming of the positions confused me at first. Maybe it's cos I don't know much about the positions in Ice Hockey, Basketball etc as I've never been into American sports, but in the sports I've played/watched Wings are scorers and centers hang around in the center of the field, not near the goal/try line or whatever.

I get it now though, although I've always valued get and lose equally for wings and centers. I do tend to have trouble scoring though so I'll have to try upping the focus of lose for my centers and see how that works out.
Bogdanovist
Senior Overlord

Postby Mad Jackal » Mon Jan 15, 2007 10:58 pm

Frankly I've been noticing my Wings are not shooting that much at all.

I mean really not shooting, even though I got high lose guys (and pretty high get too.)

I meant to copy the stats down from the last league I was in before it finalized, but I was going to check shots per 10 minutes and see. But Ihad a level 3 center 3 wing 5 get 5 lose guy who hardly ever took a shot when he was at wing. I finally moved him over to center to see if that would help....

blah. I am startign to see why the bruiser Wing idea is catching on. I mean if my guys are not going to shoot, then they might as well beat on some-one.....(instead of picking thier noses)
Mad Jackal
Senior Overlord

Postby tomchaps » Mon Jan 15, 2007 11:20 pm

Yep, in some homelands I basically put defenders at wing. I had a 6 lose 1 get wing (level 3) who was a 6 sneak 6 pound level 5 defender. Such a great wing...

Wings with low Get still almost never drop the ball...
tomchaps
Senior Overlord

Postby Brakgwar » Tue Jan 16, 2007 9:46 am

tomchaps wrote:Wings with low Get still almost never drop the ball...

Maybe its the quality of Orcs your get 1 player is faceing "Tom" :wink:

Any orc ive ever had at wing with a get of a one continously gets stripped and never shoots since he never has the ball due to his low Get .... But it might have just been the %'s generated when it was his turn to pick-up, Catch, resist getting stripped, Ect 8)
Brakgwar
Former "Overlord with the Most Balls"

Postby tomchaps » Tue Jan 16, 2007 11:22 pm

Well, I trained his Get up to 3. He's still on my team, as a third-string level 9 center--and he costs me something like 500 a year to roll over.

I should pay more attention to strips... Hmm...
tomchaps
Senior Overlord

Postby Bogdanovist » Tue Jan 16, 2007 11:42 pm

I have no idea about strips. If it's not in the post game stats then I don't see it. I rarely watch games and don't keep my own record of strips from the game text.

I'd love it if strips and anything else missing was added to the game stats :wink:
Bogdanovist
Senior Overlord

Previous

Return to Strategy Articles and Talk