Flallins

Got a significant event from your team? Add a press release here!

Should the bounty on the Flallins overlord's head be lifted?

Poll ended at Mon Apr 24, 2006 9:51 am

Yes
33%
No
17%
Raise the bounty! Kill all losers! :)
33%
Donate 1000 gold to help pay the Flallins overlord's medical expenses.
17%

Total votes : 6

Flallins

Postby tysok » Sat Mar 25, 2006 9:51 am

The mighty Flallins have finished their postseason activity. They drafted three orcs to fill in a few soft spots the Flallins had last season with wings and centers, including one heavy hitter that looks promising for helping to rack up opposing medical bills.

Flallins fans are expecting better things this season and have reportedly suspended the bounty they put on the overlords head, "Until we see if he's learned how to put a team together! He has four games to prove he deserves leniency!"

The Flallins overlord, holding this interview in his hidden cave (he doesn't complete trust the residents of Flallinville yet) had this to say. "Well I think things are going to be looking up this season. The other Novice team I'm invested in has guaranteed at least a second place finish this season with three games left, they're over in Minotaur county. We obviously just need to change the culture of play here in Flallinville, get orcs away from sleeping on the bench during the games, and put some points on the board." He also went on to say "With the help of Brakgwar [an opposing overlord who took pitty on this poor decrepit soul] I learned a lot. I attribute a lot of the Minotaurs success to him."

When asked if he would share the Minotaurs proceeds with Brakgwar at the end of their season in view of this the Flallins overlord responded with shifting eyes, slouched back, and a scratch behind the ear and said "No. My money! Get away!" As he proceeded to grab the pennies that were laying around the rock table and scurry away into the back rooms of the caves.... the Flallin overlord doesn't look well, and for the sake of his health we hope the Flallins second season is much better.
tysok
Overlord

Season 2 winds up....

Postby tysok » Wed Apr 05, 2006 3:40 pm

Totals are a tie! Sort of... 2 say to lift it, 1 says not to, and one wants me dead no matter what... he must be a Flallins fan from early last season... and someone was kind enough to donate 1000 gold for the overlord's well being... much appreciated. :lol:

The Flallins are geared up and ready to go now for the next season. They look to be on par talent wise (gold stars) and armor wise (average 1 piece of chain and all leather, 2nd to two pieces of chain)... as well they should be after spending 25k on their players.

The first round of bidding left a bad taste in the overlords mouth, as Mavis and Sharp combined to outbid on 8 of the 15 orcs the agent was sent to bring in... the agent was killed teh next day for not using dirty underhanded tricks to acquire those players... but that's another story for another time.

It was high turnover from last season, with only 8 players making this years lines, only 2 making line 1. The top 2 goalies and the back up from last season made the expected 24 man lines, 4 of the defensemen come back, 1 of the centers, and no wings.

The overlord, in his press conference this afternoon addressing the fans, had this to say. "We feel we've built a star studded line up with good equipment and we feel good coming into this year."

We here at the Flallinville Orc Times certainly hope so.
tysok
Overlord

Postby tysok » Sat Apr 08, 2006 9:13 am

The Flallins walked through the first game of the season with a decisive 57 to 1 win over Papi's Pounders.

"Everything looked good except the amount of physical play. Hopefully our guys were just showing some level of pitty to the opposing team for being beaten so badly and they'll pick up the pace in the other games" the overlord commented after the game.

A big test is coming up on Monday night when they play Sharp's Shrinking Violets, who had a 1st place finish in their first season. They won their first game 16-1, and have a 1 large gold star and 4 chain armor rating in the herald. I guess we'll see how the new Flallins team stands up against stiff Shrinking Violet competition in just a few days.
tysok
Overlord

Re: Season 2 winds up....

Postby Cazior » Sat Apr 08, 2006 2:12 pm

tysok wrote:The first round of bidding left a bad taste in the overlords mouth, as Mavis and Sharp combined to outbid on 8 of the 15 orcs the agent was sent to bring in... the agent was killed teh next day for not using dirty underhanded tricks to acquire those players... but that's another story for another time.

He he he.
Division II Hibernation: The Snotley Motleys
Division II Hibernation: The Paisleys
Cazior
Senior Overlord

Postby tysok » Fri Apr 14, 2006 7:10 am

The Flallins lost their game against the Shrinking Violets in a bloody 12-6 affair. Both teams were fairly beat up. The Flallins had 33 shots on goal, and the Violets had 34. The difference was 2 extra 3 point shots blocked by Violet goalie Squitigka.

Squitigka was one of the players that the Flallins were unable to attain because of the sloppy work of the agent sent to the auctions on that first day... reports are that Flallins ownership ordered the remains of that agent dug up and killed again after this game... judging by last years mental instability of the overlord we're not going to deny this possibility.
tysok
Overlord

Postby Cazior » Fri Apr 14, 2006 9:55 am

tysok wrote:... reports are that Flallins ownership ordered the remains of that agent dug up and killed again after this game...

:lol:
Cazior
Senior Overlord

Postby sharp » Tue Apr 18, 2006 6:26 pm

:twisted:
sharp
Elite Overlord

Postby tysok » Wed Apr 19, 2006 6:51 am

Another big test tonight for the new Flallins when they take on Mavis' Paisleys, another 1st place finisher in their last season. So far the Paisleys are 5-0 with 234-14 points for-against. So far they're first place in all three of those categories. The Flallins are second place in all those categories at 4-1 with 147-15.

On another note, the Paisleys are the only other team to outbid the Flallins on players in the orc auctions. We fear there may be another exumation coming, family of the deceased agent has requested more security around teh gravesite tonight.
tysok
Overlord

Postby tysok » Wed Apr 19, 2006 7:06 am

Looking around the league this morning Flallins players are quite happy that their overlord's insanity hasn't taken the form of Robert's Greenie Meanies. While Tysok's insanity possesses him to maim and destroy the members of the front office, Robert seems to take his vengance on his players themselves.

Robert's Greenie Meanies currently have 19 orcs in the regeneration chamber, easily the most this reporcter has ever seen. We don't have access to the inner working of this team, but we believe we can assume that there are definately labor relation problems inside that organization. :roll:
tysok
Overlord

Postby tysok » Wed Apr 19, 2006 9:20 pm

Mavis' Paisleys beat Tysok's Flallins 29-7 ... filmed at 11... in other words well after the kids have gone to bed. This was a PAINFUL game for the Flallins, 4387 medical bill and 2 dead.

One of the Paisley players owning the Flallins was one that was outbid on that first day of bidding. With the extra security around that agent's grave site I had no choice but to not bother exuming his corpse again... but how much I would like to.

That game hurt my players so bad I fell over in my owner's box and had to be carried from the stadium. I never want to see the Paisleys again as long as the Flallins exist............ but there's a two game match coming up against them some time. I can't afford the hazard pay! :(
tysok
Overlord

Postby sharp » Wed Apr 19, 2006 9:30 pm

Mavis beat me up too. I recommend minimum eek 5 and full plate for starters against the Paisleys :)
sharp
Elite Overlord

Postby tysok » Fri Apr 21, 2006 10:13 pm

So.... The Flallins won tonight 102-3 .... guess we decided winning by more than 100 would be rubbing it in since:
The second period apparently started without Paul's team taking the field... the Flallins were scoring every 7 to 10 seconds. My Orcs need help though because, amazingly enough (since there were no opposing players on the field) not all the goals were 3 pointers..................... Uhm............... guys the point of the game is to score as much as you possibly can.................. just so yall know............

I'm not certain why Paul's team decided to depart my stadium early... I guess I just beat the living snot out of them in the first period. In fact, other than the goalies (they actually played the entire first period) the next longest playing orc (playing for 7:58) was ... well I was going to say what position he played but it seems Paul's lineup doesn't contain positions... it was a free for all.

Now back to the not winning by more than 100, it would have been rubbing it in....... it was 8-3 when Paul's team ran for the showers. After that, every 7 to 10 seconds like I said we would score a point... or 3 if they remembered what they were doing... 17 3pointers to be exact, and 43 1pointers... if I added right. Anyhow, with just over a minute left... plenty of time for another 6 shots (no guarantee where at though) this happened:
Period 3, 67: Faceoff won by Necacileia
Period 3, 56: Necacileia passes to Cumiron.
Period 3, 55: Cumiron passes to Lofenwoosh.
Period 3, 54: Lofenwoosh passes to Necacileia.
Period 3, 50: Necacileia passes to Looshixlum.
Period 3, 46: Looshixlum passes to Lofenwoosh.
Period 3, 45: They play catch....
Period 3, 40: Looshixlum passes to Necacileia.
Period 3, 36: They play catch....
Period 3, 22: Necacileia passes to Cumiron.
Period 3, 21: They play catch....
Period 3, 16: Necacileia passes to Ocinkit.
Period 3, 12: Ocinkit passes to Monuzgwe.
Period 3, 9: They play catch....
Period 3, 5: Ocinkit passes to Necacileia.
Period 3, 1: They play catch....

A nice game of catch before taking a shower I guess. So now we all know... we can beat the other team by 99.... but that 100th point is JUST NOT RIGHT! :lol:
tysok
Overlord

Postby sharp » Fri Apr 21, 2006 10:31 pm

lol grats. :P
sharp
Elite Overlord

Postby TheIceMage » Fri Apr 21, 2006 10:55 pm

Good game, guys, good game. That was a close one. Now hit the showers!

(time passes)

What do you mean, "second" period?!???!?!??!?
TheIceMage
Site Admin

Postby Cazior » Mon May 01, 2006 6:50 pm

Hey, Tysok, dig up that repeatedly-killed agent again, he'd do great in the Dog League!
Cazior
Senior Overlord

Next

Return to Team Press Releases