Minotaurs

Got a significant event from your team? Add a press release here!

Minotaurs

Postby tysok » Fri Apr 14, 2006 7:26 am

The Minotaurs inaugural season finds them sitting and waiting for game 3 of the finals against Mike's Mud Dogs. Both teams are tied with an overall record of 21-4. Both ended the season at 18-3, swept opposers in the playoffs, and each have won one game in the finals.

The Mud Dogs have scored 345 and given up 154 so far, while the Minotaurs have scored 592 and given up 132. In fact, the Minotaurs had given up only 99 points before meeting the Dogs in the finals, while the Dogs had given up the second least in the league with 129. The problem is the Dogs are meat grinders (both teams have 3 players in the top 10 bruisers) while the Minotaurs tend to be the grinded (Minotaurs have 5 of the top 10 targets to the Dogs 1).

The Minotaurs are hoping for a league championship, bringing the season record against the Dogs to 3-3. It'll be a fight to the death on Saturday night.
tysok
Overlord

Postby TheIceMage » Fri Apr 14, 2006 10:00 am

Fight to the death = set tolerance to 1!! (I just did this for my last game against Gunner. Expect carnage!)
TheIceMage
Site Admin

Postby Brakgwar » Fri Apr 14, 2006 1:38 pm

JOOOOOOO can DOOOooooooooooo IT!!!!! :lol:

GL Ice 8)
Brakgwar
Former "Overlord with the Most Balls"

Postby sharp » Fri Apr 14, 2006 4:25 pm

Hehe set tol to 0 :)
sharp
Elite Overlord

Postby TheIceMage » Fri Apr 14, 2006 7:09 pm

Technically, setting tolerance to 0 is less "play to the death" than setting it to 1. Somewhere in the program, if you set it to 0, it assumes "6." I don't remember why I did that, but it's still in there. I should probably change it to consider 0 and 1 the same thing... (shrug)
TheIceMage
Site Admin

Postby tysok » Fri Apr 14, 2006 10:17 pm

Yes, tolerance is set to 1... Mike's Mud Dogs will either not get the first place trophy... or he'll get it literally over our dead bodies!

:twisted: 8) :lol: :shock: :evil: :twisted: :evil: :x :? :shock: :P
tysok
Overlord

hehehe

Postby Dushlan » Sat Apr 15, 2006 12:31 am

well thats how the Edinburgh Piratez got 3rd!!!!! :wink:
Bit of blood on the ball just makes it easier to hang on to!
----
19 Championships
8 Second Places
8 Third Places
----
Dushlan
Elite Overlord

Postby tysok » Sat Apr 15, 2006 9:39 pm

Minotaurs win! Minotaurs win!

The fight to death wasn't so much, as the Minotaurs finished off the Mud Dogs 18-7. Looking at the herald I see the Mud Dogs with 8 bloody red injured and 6 black, while the Minotaurs suffered 7 bloody red injured and 4 black. There were NO deaths in this game.

Only Yavzalsed, for the Mud Dogs, caused much stir for the Minotaurs by scoring 4 1 point shots. Fritztronseph scored the only 3 pointer. Everyone else seemd to have been handled easily.

On the other hand, Fwerkodon and Xemzydot owned the Mud Dogs defense, Fwerk scoring 3 3pointers and 1 1pointer while Xem scored 2 1pointers and a 3pointer. Setworaz was the only other Minotaur scorer with a 3pointer late in the game.

The mighty Mud Dog battering ram took the night off it would appear. Ready to play to the death tonight the only casualty for the Minotaurs was the team press secretary who was strangled in the post game celebration, and a very very tired first line.
tysok
Overlord

Postby tysok » Wed Jun 21, 2006 10:11 pm

I've been busy, so have just been checking my guys and healing them up and moving them around...

But the Minotaurs are in the finals in season 2! They took out Paul's Peeps to make it to the finals... and will face Tuneloons Boston Bruisers, or Mike's Mud Dogs again for the first place trophy this, the second Minotaur season.
tysok
Overlord

Postby Cazior » Thu Jun 22, 2006 8:38 am

Go Minotaurs!
Division II Hibernation: The Snotley Motleys
Division II Hibernation: The Paisleys
Cazior
Senior Overlord

Postby tuneloon » Fri Jun 23, 2006 5:42 am

well, tonights game pitting Mike's Mud Dog's vs. Tuneloon's Boston Bruisers should be a doozie.

Game one went to the Mud Dog's 22-20, as the Bruisers built up a 17-9 lead going into the 3rd period only to see it melt away late. The Mud Dog's took a 19-17 lead with just over 2 minutes left, the Bruisers took the lead back with a 3 with just over 1 minute left, and the Mud Dogs responded with a last second 3 pointed to pull out the victory.

Game two was a tale of 2 halfs. In the first half of the game, the Mud Dogs dominated, taking a 7-3 lead after the first period and building it up to a 21-6 lead midway through the period. That's when the Bruisers came storming back, with 4 3-pointers in just over 3 minutes, Boston pulled to within 22-18 just into the start of the 3rd, and continued to seemingly score at will for the rest of the game, finishing out with a 34-25 victory.

Which takes us to the pivotal game 3. Both teams are at full strength, and will be hopeful to be facing the Minotaurs in the finals..... but I can assure you they wont be looking past this game.
Dorc
tuneloon
Elite Overlord

Postby tuneloon » Wed Jun 28, 2006 7:50 pm

Bruisers advance to finals to face Minotaurs!!!

In a battle that went down to the final minutes, the Bruisers held on late in to move into the finals. Boston used a 2 3 point goals toward the end of the first period to jump out in front with the first period scoring ending with the Bruisers up 12-7. Boston extended their lead to 18-9, and then 22-12 to end the 2nd period, and looked primed for a 3rd period stroll into the finals.

But the Mad Dogs would not lie down, as they clawed back to within four points at 23-19 with 5 minutes left in the game. But Boston's top center Onkidnapeek was intercepted by Mike's Vylemid, and converted a 3 point goal to pull the score to 23-22.

The teams traded shots over the next 3+ minutes, until Onkidnapeek redeemed himself with a 3 point goal with just over 1 and 1/2 minutes left, and a save and some keep away over the remainder of time sealed the victory for the Bruisers.

Now for a few days of rest to prepare for the Minotaurs.
Dorc
tuneloon
Elite Overlord

Return to Team Press Releases