Seth's Bad At This vs. Sharp's Goliaths

Got a significant event from your team? Add a press release here!

Seth's Bad At This vs. Sharp's Goliaths

Postby sharp » Tue Mar 13, 2007 2:08 pm

Well, well well. It has come down to this:

League Standings

Overlord's Team IQ Win-Loss-Tie Points For - Against
Seth's Bad At This 92 19-3-1 605 - 160
Sharp's Goliaths 78 16-6-1 353 - 216
Sherman's Savage Shark Spleen Slayerz 69 14-8-1 292 - 313
Jerry's Flawed Young Cannibals 59 12-10-1 328 - 338
Ettiene's Four Horseman 47 10-11-0 275 - 209
Kyle's Pagans 28 6-15-0 241 - 526
bheki's your mama 21 4-16-1 135 - 310
Bubbauk's Orcaholics 21 4-16-1 219 - 376

Both Seth's and Sharp's teams steamed past their first round opponents in two games en route to the finals. The "Bad at This" posted impressive scoring numbers for most of the season including the playoffs (besting the Flawed Young Cannibals by a total of 76-8 in two games). A notable exception to this season-long scoring exhibition was in two of the games against Sharp's Goliaths - where the Goliaths pulled out the win in low-scoring affairs of 12-10 and 11-10. The first game of the season found the goliaths with less than a full team and no armor, so basically, they had little chance to win. Since that time they have picked up several suits of plate and some nice sharp spikey things! They also sport the #2 and #4 goalies in the league. However, Seth's Bad at This does have the overall #1 goalie and the #5. Anyone ever doubt how important goalies are in this game? :)

I think this should be an interesting matchup for the finals. Thinking the odds favor Seth - however, the Goaliaths did match up exceptionally well against the Bad At This two of the 3 times during the year. Hold on to your hats folks! 8)
sharp
Elite Overlord

Re: Seth's Bad At This vs. Sharp's Goliaths

Postby tuneloon » Tue Mar 13, 2007 4:06 pm

sharp wrote: some nice sharp spikey things!

Are these exclusive to your teams Sharp, or can anyone get them?

Good luck!
Dorc
tuneloon
Elite Overlord

Postby Seth » Tue Mar 13, 2007 4:12 pm

We have here a transcript with Eiweufqr, team captain of the Bad At This. He was given his captain position by virtue of having the hardest to pronounce name.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Q: Welcome to OrcChat, where today we're discussing the upcoming finals game in the Novice division between Sharp's Goliath's and Seth's Bad At This. We're interviewing the team captain for the Bad At This.

First question, Mr. Ei...weu..umm..f....qu....rr? Why will this game with the Goliaths be different than your previous two matchups, when they beat you narrowly in two low-scoring games?

A: Ummm. Me think it very different. Goliaths got much armor now, much more spikes than before. This time, me think we lose by more.

Q: Not exactly a stirring response! Don't you have any confidence at all in your team's abilities?

A: Why you think we called Bad At This? We have self-esteem issues.

Q: Surely your team must also have attained more armor and weapons then when you last played?

A: Ummm...not really. Overlord say something about cutbacks. Invested heavily in Battle at Helm's Deep.

Q: How do you feel to be playing in the finals against the Legendary Sharp, currently 3rd on the all time victories list?

A: What rank my overlord?

Q: Umm, actually your overlord is not presently ranked.

A: Sharp still hiring?

Q: There you have it! We're out of time this week. My thanks to Eye...wuff...quir? For a job...done. Join us next week, when our guest will be...hopefully less pitiful. Goodnight!
Last edited by Seth on Tue Mar 13, 2007 9:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Seth
Senior Overlord

Postby sharp » Tue Mar 13, 2007 6:50 pm

Lol that was a classic post Seth! :)

Have a ::beer:: on me.

(Btw I'm not so legendary :) The "elite" guys clean my clock regularly lol :oops: - I just made up for lack of skill with quantity of teams!)

Was a fun league though - really challenged me in new ways with the goliaths. I never had a team before that I didn't feel I had enough money to start them off with at least basic armor - let alone fill the roster by the first game!

Oh - btw Tune, nothing special about my spikes - sorry for the play on words confusion :)
sharp
Elite Overlord

Postby bubbauk » Tue Mar 13, 2007 9:28 pm

great post! my orcaholics had one too many this year and well, that was it. couldn't even get off the ground.

another team that will be DELETED!!!
Bubbauk
bubbauk
Elite Overlord

Postby randomluck » Wed Mar 14, 2007 9:49 am

Seth wrote:A: Ummm...not really. Overlord say something about cutbacks. Invested heavily in Battle at Helm's Deep.

:lol:
Great Line!!
The Black Belt Beaters
Honest Tricksters
Followers of One Fang
Three Claws
Fifth Times the Charm
Not the Face! Not the Face!
Mwuhahaha
randomluck
Elite Overlord

Postby sharp » Sat Mar 17, 2007 12:34 am

Grats in game 1 of the finals tonight Seth! Seth's Bad at this win 18-12. Hopefully my Goliaths can make a series out of it! :)
sharp
Elite Overlord

Postby Seth » Sat Mar 17, 2007 2:00 pm

Thank you! I was actually really surprised by that, thought you'd win going away.

Haven't watched the replay to see what happened...my guess would be that my goalies came up bigger than I thought. Though I was also surprised there were no knockouts, considering how many steel spikes you have...
Seth
Senior Overlord

Postby sharp » Sun Mar 18, 2007 9:31 pm

Grats on your finals victory Seth. Not sure what happened to my goalies tonight :) Excellent season. Had fun.
sharp
Elite Overlord

Postby Seth » Mon Mar 19, 2007 12:05 am

Thanks sharp! It was fun...see you all again in another league!
Seth
Senior Overlord

Return to Team Press Releases