To you Australian Orcs

Mostly anything goes, but let's stay away from flame wars, politics, hot-button issues, etc.

To you Australian Orcs

Postby randomluck » Sun Dec 07, 2008 12:42 am

Hello All:

Randomluck (aka Chance) is visiting your Nation's Capital (Canberra) on Business right at this very moment (Dec.7 till Dec. 12)!!! Yes, the yankee orc invasion has begun. This is merely an exploratory reconnaissance mission before we send IceMage and Brett over with the Horde.

Anyhow, if any of you fellow Orcsport's players are available, I'd love to meet up with you if possible.

Take care!
The Black Belt Beaters
Honest Tricksters
Followers of One Fang
Three Claws
Fifth Times the Charm
Not the Face! Not the Face!
Mwuhahaha
randomluck
Elite Overlord

Postby Dushlan » Sun Dec 07, 2008 3:10 pm

How long you in OZ for Random????

Oh and on behalf of all Aussies, your starting with Canberra??? hmmmmmm Well we owe you a beer for that, thanks!
Bit of blood on the ball just makes it easier to hang on to!
----
19 Championships
8 Second Places
8 Third Places
----
Dushlan
Elite Overlord

Postby randomluck » Tue Dec 09, 2008 3:17 pm

Dushlan wrote:How long you in OZ for Random????

Oh and on behalf of all Aussies, your starting with Canberra??? hmmmmmm Well we owe you a beer for that, thanks!

I'm here in Canberra, but leave on Saturday. More of a business trip than a vacation, so travel around is limited. Still, hoping to get out and see something.

So far, Canberra seems a nice place. People are friendly, but the place closes down about 6:00 pm every day, 5:00 pm on weekends. A few restaurants stay open, but its like walking through a ghost town after dark.

Beautiful country. Even saw my first wild Kangaroo, just lounging under a tree enjoying the shade.

Where are you located at?
The Black Belt Beaters
Honest Tricksters
Followers of One Fang
Three Claws
Fifth Times the Charm
Mwuhahaha
randomluck
Elite Overlord

Postby Dushlan » Tue Dec 09, 2008 3:55 pm

located directly south of you on the Victorian coast. Alas my weekends are also mon to wed. :( so cant road trip to you! Have to start work tommorrow! :cry:

Canberra is a ghost town pal. Even by our standards. For some unknown reason our glorious capital, though ghost like and shuts everything down early, I believe......Fishwick is the suburb you could be interested in!

Have fun pal and WATCH OUT FOR Drop Bears
Bit of blood on the ball just makes it easier to hang on to!
----
19 Championships
8 Second Places
8 Third Places
----
Dushlan
Elite Overlord

Postby randomluck » Sun Dec 28, 2008 2:04 pm

Dushlan wrote:Have fun pal and WATCH OUT FOR Drop Bears

I have returned, and although I failed to meet up with the illustrious Dushlan, I did have a fairly good time. If anyone ever goes to Canberra there are three sights to see:

1) War memorial - Really its the biggest thing in Canberra
2) Australian National Museum - If only because it gives a great history of Australia and its unusual animals.
3) Dushlan's place in Fishwick (about 10 Km away).

Of them, Dushlan's may be the most interesting, although I did enjoy the War Memorial. Must say the people of Australia are friendly, never met an unhappy person there, must be something in the water.

Other highlights, I saw a troop of about 60 Kangaroos. Otherwise, the only time I really got out was Thursday night when I visited the Canberra gaming Society for a good game of Powergrid-Benelux.

The rest of the trip was business. Next time I fly out that far, i'm going to take a day or two of rest before and after the flight. Felt like I worked 13 days straight (left Friday night, arrived Sunday Afternoon- reported at the work site on Monday at 8:00).
The Black Belt Beaters
Honest Tricksters
Followers of One Fang
Three Claws
Fifth Times the Charm
Mwuhahaha
randomluck
Elite Overlord

Return to Off-topic