Are you in the elite division? Do you wish you were? Post here!

Postby tuneloon » Thu Nov 09, 2006 6:46 am

But you can take comfort in the fact that my teams are not usually considered bruisers.

In the 10 games in this elite league, I have given 13 knockouts and received 1. 10 of those knockouts have come against the bottom 3 teams who have a combined 5 wins between them.... all against each other.

Against the rest of the league I have 3 knockouts for and 1 against. Of course, those 3 were all against you ICE!
Dorc
tuneloon
Elite Overlord

Postby TheIceMage » Thu Nov 09, 2006 8:31 am

I suck. :cry:
39-21-23-72 on 4/9/2009
34-11-14-38 on 12/5/2007
30-8-9-33 on 5/2/2007
::goldmedal:: ::silvermedal:: ::bronzemedal:: ::dog::
TheIceMage
Site Admin

Postby TheIceMage » Fri Nov 10, 2006 11:25 am

I hope I am going to get six straight wins at the end of the season (my last 6 games are against the bottom three teams), because I'm about to be handed five straight losses from Tuneloon (1 game), Daemian (2 games) and Michael (2 games). Michael is still undefeated! Daemian and I are tied in record. Tuneloon has two losses in 10 games, and beat me in the last game.
39-21-23-72 on 4/9/2009
34-11-14-38 on 12/5/2007
30-8-9-33 on 5/2/2007
TheIceMage
Site Admin

Postby sharp » Fri Nov 10, 2006 11:57 am

Those enforce-orcs are tough :)
sharp
Elite Overlord

Postby Brakgwar » Fri Nov 10, 2006 4:22 pm

sharp wrote:Those enforce-orcs are tough :)

Hmmm i dont remeber if a Brakky Team has Faced the Enforce Orcs :wink:

GOOOOODDDD Luck "ICE" 8)

err ....... and you too "Toon" :roll: J/K :D G'luck!
Brakgwar
Former "Overlord with the Most Balls"

Postby tuneloon » Fri Nov 10, 2006 5:30 pm

Yeah Brak... Division IV against Brakgwar's Midnight Stalkers. I knocked you out first round of the playoffs, then beat Toms Orcs: The Other White Meat in the finals. (Gotta love the forums to be able to find that info)

Division III, Tom and I faced off again and I knocked him off in the finals in a game 3 decided by 3pts.

This team has done quite well. I didn't think I'd fare that well making the jump from Division II to Elite, but the few orcs that I did win in bids have done really well, and my aging veterans are holding up well.

After 10 games, I've got no loan, and 8 players rolled over for next season, including 3 of my top 5 cost wise. I feel confident I'll make the playoffs, but I don't know if anyone will be able to hang with the Spikedrivers. He only beat me by 10 last time, so I've got a shot (I think), but he has pretty much owned everyone else.

Overlord's Team IQ Win-Loss-Tie Points For - Against
Michael's Spikedrivers 47 10-0-0 618 - 114
Tuneloon's Enforce-orcs 38 8-2-0 482 - 159
Gunner's Mudboggers 33 7-3-0 312 - 268
Brett's Blood Boilers 23 5-5-0 217 - 246
Daemian's Assassins 23 5-5-0 344 - 376
Andrew's Engravers 9 2-8-0 171 - 454
Paul's Losers 9 2-8-0 151 - 428
id's idiots 4 1-9-0 126 - 376

Next 3 for ICE are critical, as he finishes the series with me and then has back to backs against Daemian
Dorc
tuneloon
Elite Overlord

Postby sharp » Fri Nov 10, 2006 7:36 pm

Heh I might try to resurrect my Blackbloods one day but they basically got retired against Tune's Enforce Orcs. They just dont' have much $ and they have tons of canes on the team so I haven't felt inspired to sign them up for a league yet. Not that much time to analyze it I guess.
sharp
Elite Overlord

Postby TheIceMage » Fri Nov 10, 2006 7:48 pm

We now have the post-game report from the Enforce-orcs at the Blood Boilers, game three between these two clubs.

Out of the gate, it was all Blood Boilers, winning three of four faceoffs and scoring 5 points in the first two minutes of the game. Then the Enforce-orcs came back. An interception by Vokvavobug leads to the first of five points scored by the visitors in the span of about a minute. With nearly 5 minutes to go, momentum swings the other way after an amazing defensive stand by the Blood Boilers. First, Babubkoy blocks a one-timer from Haqmorhopt. Haqmorhopt?s natural quickness allowed him to recover the ball and shoot again. Besqoxlon made the save but gave up the rebound which Haqmorhopt greedily scooped up. Another shot, another save and another rebound. Once again, Haqmorhopt proved faster than any of his opponents. He gets off a fourth shot in 11 seconds, only to be shut down by Besqoxlon once again. The Blood Boilers counterattack, scoring 3 points at the other end. The score now is 8 to 5 in favor of the Blood Boilers. For the rest of the period, the Enforce-orcs score two points, the Blood Boilers one. The score at the end of the first period: 9 to 7.

At the start of the second period, Besqoxlon, exhausted from his stunning performance, is nowhere to be seen. He has been replaced by Leydulgum, who was recently demoted due to his performance in goal. Within a minute, the Enforce-orcs are testing this dejected goalie, but Leydulgum shuts down the first shot that comes his way. Then the Blood Boilers go on the warpath. Ringbieranong scores two three-pointers. The Enforce-orcs slip in and score the only two points they?ll get in the second period. Then it?s one, two, three, four goals for the Blood Boilers, giving them another six points. The score at the end of the second period is 21 to 9.

Their scoring streak reaches into the third period, when they start off with a one-point goal. Then the Enforce-orcs, realizing they will lose the game if they don?t get something going, start getting to work. They trade goals, then score three successive three-point goals in under a minute! Two were scored by Jowzedof and one by Qyzang. The Blood Boilers counter with two three-pointers of their own, but the Enforce-orcs come back and light up the three-point goal twice as well. Too little too late, though, as Veprenkir puts the final nail in the coffin of this game, scoring one more point with three minutes to go. Though they manage five more shots on goal, the Enforce-orcs just don?t get the job done.

The Blood Boilers win another shootout. Our final score: 30 to 27.
39-21-23-72 on 4/9/2009
34-11-14-38 on 12/5/2007
30-8-9-33 on 5/2/2007
TheIceMage
Site Admin

Postby sharp » Fri Nov 10, 2006 8:00 pm

Nice play by play! :)
sharp
Elite Overlord

Postby tuneloon » Fri Nov 10, 2006 9:23 pm

Good game ICE, and nice job on the play by play. I put my rookie goalie back in, but can't seem to guard anything but the 3 point goal. He stopped half of the shots, but the other half amounted to 21 points. Even with my other goalie in (our previos game) I only won by 6, so I figured I'd go with the youngster and try to get him the experience.

Good luck on your next 2 games against Damien.
Dorc
tuneloon
Elite Overlord

Postby TheIceMage » Fri Nov 10, 2006 10:17 pm

tuneloon wrote:I put my rookie goalie back in. He stopped half of the shots, but the other half amounted to 21 points.

I saw that, but hey, I'll take it, too. Next time, put him in with a higher tolerance so he gets time, but doesn't take the whole game. :wink:
39-21-23-72 on 4/9/2009
34-11-14-38 on 12/5/2007
30-8-9-33 on 5/2/2007
TheIceMage
Site Admin

Postby tuneloon » Fri Nov 10, 2006 10:54 pm

Yeah, I figured I'd just let him take his lumps and get as much experience as he could. If he can stay in the next 4 games, he should almost gain a level right before I play the Spikedrivers. We almost pulled out the victory anyways, so I'll get him as much time in as I can to get him ready for next season.
Dorc
tuneloon
Elite Overlord

Postby Brakgwar » Sat Nov 11, 2006 10:41 am

tuneloon wrote:Yeah Brak... Division IV against Brakgwar's Midnight Stalkers.

Ohhh those Guys ...Been Retired long Time 8)

Very Nice Play by Play "ICE"
Brakgwar

Postby TheIceMage » Sat Nov 11, 2006 8:10 pm

I plain got schooled by Daemian. Let's do a sort of play-by-play of the main events to happen in the game. I'm using "we" for the Blood Boilers and "they" for the Assassins.

First period:
They win the faceoff, wait 10 seconds and score a goal.

We win the faceoff, wait 7 seconds and score a goal. They get offended at our audacity.

We win the faceoff, they score a goal. Then they score a 3-pointer. After that, they stomp on the head of one of our players and score another 3-pointer.

We win the faceoff, they laugh and point at us making us drop the ball, and they score a 3-point goal. Then they score another point. Then they score a 3-pointer.

Yes, that was just the first period. Score: Us 1, Them 15.

Second Period:
They win the faceoff and score a 3-point goal.

We win the faceoff and score a 1-point goal. They are not amused. This is what got us in trouble in the first period. They retaliate with a 1-point goal, then knock out one of our players, then knock out another of our players. Then they score another 1-point goal. And another.

They win the faceoff and we score a 1-point goal. Something must be wrong here! Maybe the goal judge fell asleep from having nothing to do and accidentally hit the button with his head. We don't know.

They score a 1-point goal, then another 1-point goal. We somehow score a 3-point goal here, which does nothing but make them angry. It's also the end of the second period, so our team sprints into the locker room faster than they've moved all season. Score: Us 6, Them 23.

Third period:
The period starts, and we feel emboldened by our ability to reach the locker room in (relatively) one piece. We use our speed and score first! And it's a 3-point goal! What's that? I think their eyes are on fire! They're breathing sulphur! Aw, crap!

In a rush of pure anger and hatred, they score a 1-point goal. Then another. Then a third. Then a 3-point goal. Then another 3-point goal. Then they knock out one of our players and score another 3-pointer.

Somehow, one of our players thinks it a good idea to touch the ball, and while they're laughing at how he runs "like a wounded goblin," he drops it and it rolls into the 3-point goal. That was with 1:51 left in the game. After that, the game was forgotten in a frenzy of us running from them and occasionally into each other.

Final score: Us 12, Them 38. I'm not sure my fatigue levels are going to drop much in the next few days. It's going to take me that long to find where they're hiding and convince them that the barracks are really safe!
39-21-23-72 on 4/9/2009
34-11-14-38 on 12/5/2007
30-8-9-33 on 5/2/2007
TheIceMage
Site Admin

Postby Brakgwar » Sat Nov 11, 2006 8:27 pm

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Great semi Play by Play "ICE" 8)
Brakgwar

PreviousNext