League ending 3/12/08

Are you in the elite division? Do you wish you were? Post here!

League ending 3/12/08

Postby TheIceMage » Thu Jan 10, 2008 1:34 pm

It's a clean slate for the latest elite league:

Overlord's Team
Bill's Buccaneers
Chris's Ravengers
Derrick's Disintegreators
Ettiene's Domination
Mr Wayne's Dukes
Rolo's Army of Darkness <-- Me
Trey's Whatchamacallits
Tuneloon's Enforce-orcs

Most impressive trophy case: Tuneloon's Enforce-orcs with ::goldmedal:: ::goldmedal:: ::goldmedal:: ::goldmedal:: ::goldmedal:: ::silvermedal:: ::silvermedal:: ::silvermedal::
Least impressive trophy case: Derrick's Disintegreators with ::goldmedal:: ::bronzemedal::

Richest overlord: Chris's Ravengers with 150,000+ gold (how much ya got?)
Poorest overlord: Derrick's Disintegreators

Most dead team: Bill's Buccaneers starting with 6 dead

Most impressive record-keepers: Ettiene with 16 "good" records (faceoffs, point scorers, interceptions made, blocked shots, bruisers, goalies)
Least impressive record-keepers: Derrick with 4 "good" records

Toughest team to score against: Ettiene with the #1, #2 and #3 goalie
Team that's easier to score on than a cheerleader on prom night: Bill with no ranked goalies

Toughest team to prevent from scoring: Ettiene with the #1, #2, #3 and #9 point scorers
Easiest team to prevent from scoring: Mr. Wayne with no ranked point scorers

Hardest hitting team: I hate to say it, but Ettiene with the #1, #2, #5 and #9 bruisers
Most loving, non-violent team: Derrick, Mr. Wayne and Bill tie with no ranked bruisers

Biggest ball hogs: tie between Tuneloon (#1, #2, #7 faceoffs, #1, #2 interceptions made) and Trey (#2 faceoffs, #1, #4, #8, #9 and #10 interceptions made). Come up with alternate ways to get the ball from Tune aside from winning faceoffs. Don't pass the ball near Trey's orcs.
Best sharing team: tie between Derrick (#8 faceoff, no ranked interceptors) and Rolo - hey, that's me! - (#9 faceoff, no ranked interceptors)

Ettiene has a strong shot of taking this one home. His biggest challenge will be, predictably enough, Tuneloon.

Predictions for the end of the regular season (which are seldom right anyway):
1 - Ettiene
2 - Tuneloon
3 - Chris
4 - Rolo
5 - Mr Wayne
6 - Trey
7 - Derrick
8 - Bill (only after Derrick because of goalies)

I don't see anyone going undefeated, though.

Good luck, all!
39-21-23-72 on 4/9/2009
34-11-14-38 on 12/5/2007
30-8-9-33 on 5/2/2007
::goldmedal:: ::silvermedal:: ::bronzemedal:: ::dog::
TheIceMage
Site Admin

Postby tuneloon » Thu Jan 10, 2008 6:03 pm

Nice breakdown ICE. I get the pleasure of opening the season against you.

I had to get rid of a bit of my age at the end of the last season. To start this season, I have 11 canes... 3 at -1 and 4 at -2 & -3. I've got a good influx of younger players that I've been grooming from last season that will be taking primary rolls, along with any help I get from the day one bids.

The Domination are definately the front runners. They haven't lost a game since the first game of the season in Div III.

Good luck to everyone!
Dorc
tuneloon
Elite Overlord

Postby ettiene » Tue Jan 15, 2008 7:50 am

Doesnt seem as if there where many bids placed. Got 4 out of 5(last one team full) all at asking price. Pretty decent players to. Even picked up the one i missed out on on day 2. Good luck for season all :wink:
41 Championships
15 Second places
8 Third places
Avg Finish: 2.22
Undefeated teams:
Bluebulls 1st, 8th
Domination 4th,5th, 7th
Experimental morons 2nd,8th
ettiene
Overlord with the Most Balls

Postby TheIceMage » Tue Jan 15, 2008 11:07 am

What a home opener!

The opening faceoff was won by Tune's Dawqpanyam while my guy was still trying to read his name. Dawq brought the ball down the field and passed to Euhijup for the first shot of the game that went straight into defenseman Wozzlowswod's chest! Then a save before the home team marched down the field and . . . another save. Tune's boys brought the ball back down the field and Euhijup fired another shot straight into Wozzlowswod's chest! I'm beginning to think this is a strategy for taking out a strong defenseman!

Finally, with 7:21 left in the first period, Tune scores the first goal - a one-pointer. The home crowd quiets down, but that doesn't last long. Less than a minute later, Buwoishhand scores a three-pointer to put the home team on the board AND winning! My guys go on to score another two three-point goals before the end of the first period, giving a commanding lead of 9-1 after one period.

Second period, Tune's team is able to score more goals than he did first period, but not more goals than the Army, and all his goals were 1-pointers. The period ended with a score of 18-4 Army.

Finally, in the third period, Tune's boys realized the season started! He wins the first faceoff and scores a 3-pointer (18-7). He wins the second faceoff and scores a 3-pointer (18-10). He loses the third faceoff, but gets the ball back and scores a 3-pointer (18-13). At this point, I score a 1-pointer and he answers back with another two three-pointers, tying the game up at 19!

With 5 minutes left in the third period, Tune wins the faceoff and takes a quick shot that is blocked. The followup shot is caught by goalie Coyaugo, who passes the ball away safely. The Army's attack ends with a blocked shot. Tune's attack ends in a save. Then it takes 17 seconds and five players - Dukgohy, Sledjmakmife, Jozysh, Zaryhhis, and Quifebus to get the ball down the field and Quifebus scores a 3-pointer to break the tie!

At this point, the crowd is deafening and Tune's players are having trouble concentrating on the game. They're not able to get off a quality shot and the last four minutes of the game run out on them. The Army of Darkness prevails 22-19!

I do have to note that the Army ended up with 6 players having time at goalie. Three of them were perfect for a combined 16 saves on 16 shots. The other three let in points, with only 14 saves on 23 shots. I'm going to have to tighten this up a bit if I want to stay competitive!
39-21-23-72 on 4/9/2009
34-11-14-38 on 12/5/2007
30-8-9-33 on 5/2/2007
TheIceMage
Site Admin

Postby TheIceMage » Tue Jan 15, 2008 11:09 am

ettiene wrote:Doesnt seem as if there where many bids placed. Got 4 out of 5(last one team full) all at asking price. Pretty decent players to. Even picked up the one i missed out on on day 2. Good luck for season all :wink:

There weren't many bids, and the number keeps declining. I was outbid by Tuneloon, Chris and Bill on one orc each, but I did get my other two bids for the asking price. I've got room for two still, though. I should see what's out there. :-)
39-21-23-72 on 4/9/2009
34-11-14-38 on 12/5/2007
30-8-9-33 on 5/2/2007
TheIceMage
Site Admin

Postby tuneloon » Tue Jan 15, 2008 5:06 pm

As for bids, I filled up my roster and had 7 bids deleted, 2 of which are now on Ettiene's roster.

Game one was a great game ICE. I moved some of my young studs up to the front lines, and have my aging vets behind them. This makes sense as to why I was able to mount a solid comeback late in the game. I may take a few lumps early in the season, but think it will help me in the long haul.

Unfortunately I face Ettiene in game two, and could easily end up 0-2 to start the season. :cry:
Dorc
tuneloon
Elite Overlord

Postby ettiene » Mon Feb 04, 2008 8:16 am

Updated standings:

Overlord's Team IQ Win-Loss-Tie Points For - Against
Ettiene's Domination 47 10-0-0 372 - 127
Tuneloon's Enforce-orcs 38 8-2-0 282 - 167
Bill's Buccaneers 23 5-5-0 260 - 265
Rolo's Army of Darkness 23 5-5-0 236 - 205
Chris's Ravengers 21 4-5-1 167 - 175
Derrick's Disintegreators 21 4-5-1 209 - 214
Trey's Whatchamacallits 9 2-8-0 150 - 289
Mr Wayne's Dukes 4 1-9-0 128 - 362
41 Championships
15 Second places
8 Third places
Avg Finish: 2.22
Undefeated teams:
Bluebulls 1st, 8th
Domination 4th,5th, 7th
Experimental morons 2nd,8th
ettiene
Overlord with the Most Balls

Postby TheIceMage » Mon Mar 03, 2008 9:21 pm

Wow, we're already at the end of the playoffs. Let's see how my predictions held up!

Predictions for the end of the regular season (which are seldom right anyway):
1 - Ettiene
2 - Tuneloon
3 - Chris
4 - Rolo
5 - Mr Wayne
6 - Trey
7 - Derrick
8 - Bill (only after Derrick because of goalies)

I don't see anyone going undefeated, though.

Actual end of the regular season:
1 - Ettiene (undefeated, of course, since I said nobody would be)
2 - Tuneloon
3 - Rolo (up 1 spot)
4 - Bill - the surprise of the league for me!
5 - Chris (down 2 spots)
6 - Derrick (up 1 spot)
7 - Mr. Wayne (down 2 spots)
8 - Trey (down 2 spots)

So really, I wasn't far off with one glaring exception!

As far as playoffs, Bill got nuked by Ettiene in 2 games, combined score of 113 to 42. Rolo barely forced a game 3 against Tuneloon, and got decimated for his troubles. Playoffs game 3 score: Tuneloon 43, Rolo 3 (with five dead).

Good luck in the finals! Bill currently has 9 dead orcs and Rolo has 10, so Neilorcson Ratings of that game is likely to be really low....
39-21-23-72 on 4/9/2009
34-11-14-38 on 12/5/2007
30-8-9-33 on 5/2/2007
TheIceMage
Site Admin

Postby tuneloon » Tue Mar 04, 2008 7:06 am

Nice job on the predictions ICE.

I don't have much hope on taking the title, but I'm there, so I have a chance. The three regular season games between Ett and I went as follows

Game 2 Ettiene's Domination 22 Tuneloon's Enforce-orcs 10
Game 12 Tuneloon's Enforce-orcs 16 Ettiene's Domination 35
Game 13 Ettiene's Domination 36 Tuneloon's Enforce-orcs 20

He kept me just out of range of making any of them a close game, and I think the finals will be the same result.

I'm pretty pleased for the season, as I've managed to get a lot of young talent some good experience while still remaining competitive. My canes look like this

-1 cane (5 orcs)
-2 canes (3 orcs)
-3 canes (3 orcs)
-4 canes (2 orcs)
-5 canes (1 orc)

I've only got 13 orcs rolled over, and have only 31K in cash. My top two centers are at -4 canes and cost over 31K each to roll over. So it looks like I will have to sell them at the end of the season in the best interests of the team. At least I'll be able to add the money from the finals, even if it is losers money :oops:
Dorc
tuneloon
Elite Overlord

Return to Elite Division