The next Elite League

Are you in the elite division? Do you wish you were? Post here!

Which team do I take into the next Elite league?

Poll ended at Thu Feb 07, 2008 6:19 pm

Boston Bruisers
40%
Ditch Diggers
20%
Dorcs
No votes
Party Crashers
No votes
Spleen Splitters
40%

Total votes : 5

The next Elite League

Postby tuneloon » Thu Jan 17, 2008 6:19 pm

I noticed the first team has requested a new league in Elite. I was curious who it might be, and who else will be joining.

I've got several teams ready for Elite and am trying to decide which one to take.

Boston Bruisers 100K, 21 orcs, Train Level 3 - My first orcsports team that has been on the pine for a while. The youth movement is on, as only 4 orcs have canes, and 2 of those are backup goalies. May have a tough time because of their lack of experience, but they've got some great young talent. Legitimate contender that could start slow.

Ditch Diggers 73K, 32 orcs, Train Level 3 - A very seasoned team, with 12 canes. Their skill numbers don't look great, but with decent cash and only 3 open roster spots they would be a solid team. A playoff contender that could fade late.

Dorcs 41K, 29orcs, Train Level 3 - Probably the most balanced team of my choices. They've got 9 canes and an influx of young talent moving into starting spots. They don't have much cash, but their needs are minimal. Legitimate contender.

Party Crashers 37K, 29 orcs, Train Level 2 11 canes, 5 dead orcs from the latest 2nd place finish at the hands of Ettiene. This would be their first Elite season, they have little money and they trail in Training. The team is lacking on good talent compared to my other options. Destined for Div. I if they play in Elite.

Spleen Splitters 29K, 29 orcs, Train Level 3 They're in better shape than the Party Crashers, with only 10 canes, 2 dead orcs and level 3 Training. They have a little more talent too, but with minimal cash they might end up going back to Div I.
Dorc
tuneloon
Elite Overlord

Postby TheIceMage » Thu Jan 17, 2008 11:24 pm

I also have several teams ready to go for elite, but I think I might have too many active teams at the moment. I'll give it a week or so to see how it fills out before I decide. Of my 8 qualified teams, the more interesting ones are:

Orc Sickles (31/43k) - my first team
Sons of the Creator (28/790)
Steal Plates (28/111k)
Lister's Red Dwarves (32/198k)

Of them, my favorite is the Steal Plates, only because it's fun to set 35 orcs looting the Merchant's. :) I'm also intrigued by the challenge that the Sons will be with their 790 gold. Yes, the Red Dwarves are obscenely wealthy at the moment, but they took 5th place last season.

I've long wanted to do a section on the Standings page that shows teams with a net worth of 1,000,000 gold or more.
39-21-23-72 on 4/9/2009
34-11-14-38 on 12/5/2007
30-8-9-33 on 5/2/2007
::goldmedal:: ::silvermedal:: ::bronzemedal:: ::dog::
TheIceMage
Site Admin

Postby ettiene » Fri Jan 18, 2008 2:11 am

I Currently have two teams that can be activated:

Destroyers(26 orcs, 108k + Loan)
Bulldozers(29 orcs, 96k)

Still considering who to take. Thought it would be an easy decision considering how their last seasons finished, But stats wise there is not much of difference between the two. Destroyers loan could be their handicap though :?
41 Championships
15 Second places
8 Third places
Avg Finish: 2.22
Undefeated teams:
Bluebulls 1st, 8th
Domination 4th,5th, 7th
Experimental morons 2nd,8th
ettiene
Overlord with the Most Balls

Postby Brakgwar » Fri Jan 18, 2008 9:57 am

10k isnt much much of s diff pick the team with more talent Ett :wink:

Ice if u go take the Dwarves 8)
Brakgwar
Former "Overlord with the Most Balls"

Postby Brakgwar » Fri Jan 18, 2008 10:03 am

Hey Tune your talking about the # of Orcs with ::cane::'s or the the sum of your ::cane::'s

If its the later i have no idea how you guys manage to get so few ::cane::'s usually over half my team has ::cane::'s by the time they reach Elite
Brakgwar
Former "Overlord with the Most Balls"

Postby tuneloon » Fri Jan 18, 2008 5:21 pm

that is the # of orcs with canes, Brak.

As an example, the Dorcs have 9 orcs with canes that total -17. I usually will let go of an orc that is between -3 and -5 at the end of a season, depending on what the rest of my talent looks like at that particular position and the cost to roll them over vs. sell them. Some decisions are easy, some not so easy. I know the Dorcs had a couple of veterans with -2 canes that I had to release because the cost to roll them over was too much compared to what they provided for the team.
Dorc
tuneloon
Elite Overlord

Return to Elite Division