New Division IV League (ends November 25 2007) -- Chat away!

In your second season, you are in Division IV. Third season teams play in Division III. Fourth season teams play in Division II. Teams that have already played four or more seasons are in Division I. This helps keep the playing field level as your team gains experience.

Is Earghamdpq pronounceable?

Poll ended at Wed Oct 03, 2007 5:16 pm

Umm, no.
No votes
Not really.
No votes
Well, the beginning part is.
43%
Wot?!!?! I wanna reel poll keschun!
57%

Total votes : 7

Postby Dushlan » Mon Nov 12, 2007 11:37 am

Well its 3 - 0 in favour of Tune. Now that said, I have a feeling ( hope ) this is going to be close.

Dream Chasers have the nod on Defence, the last Chancers on Offence and a quick flick through the standings reveals a pretty even tale. So good Luck! :wink:
Bit of blood on the ball just makes it easier to hang on to!
----
19 Championships
8 Second Places
8 Third Places
----
Dushlan
Elite Overlord

Close game!

Postby Gorblin » Mon Nov 12, 2007 8:02 pm

Yet another close game against Bubbauk, and I held my breath the whole way through reading the play-by-play. But a 3-pointer by one of my starting Centers off an interception with 1:54 left was the last score of the game and managed to seal it up (13-10 for the Morons).

Later, going through the notes, I realized one of my guys (Buronumdpq -- totally pronounceable) managed to kill Wakbendow, the monster who has been leading the KO boards this season. He was the #1 thing I was fearing from the TruPower, and I'm glad I won't have to face him again. I'm still wondering why he was on the bench though, despite having a gold star in Defense, and only wearing padded armor...

Good game, Bubbauk. I guess we'll see if I'm as happy after Wednesday's game :) Good luck!
Overlord Piper:
Ballbusters - 1st, 1st, 1st, 1st
Orc Sea Morons - 3rd, 1st
Gorblin
Overlord

Postby tuneloon » Mon Nov 12, 2007 8:15 pm

Well, the Dream Chasers kept the Last Chancers at arms length through most of the game and squeezed out a victory in game one.

After trading one pointers, the Dream Chasers stretched out an early lead by going up 8-1 at the end of period one. The two teams traded back to back goals to start the second period, but the Last Chancers made up ground as their goals were for 3's, putting the score at 10-7.

From this point, it seemed as though the Dream Chasers were almost toying with the Last Chancers, as Dushlans orcs would score, then Tune would extend the lead back to 3 points. The second period ended with the score 12-10.

But Tune's boys responded opening the third period, extending their lead to 21-10 with just over 2 minutes left in the game. The Last Chances made a run with a pair of late 3's, but it was too little too late, with the final score ending up at 21-16.

We'll see what game two has in store for both teams.
Dorc
tuneloon
Elite Overlord

Postby bubbauk » Tue Nov 13, 2007 3:28 pm

good game piper.

Wakbendow was actually in the red eye. he had been playing way too much and i couldn't get him going for the game 1. was going to rest and play him game 2 and 3. can't believe you got to him. gotta adjust my hit points a little bit.
Bubbauk
bubbauk
Elite Overlord

hmmmmmmm

Postby Dushlan » Tue Nov 13, 2007 9:02 pm

toying with them???? hmmmmm may have a surprise or two for you yet .....
----
19 Championships
8 Second Places
8 Third Places
----
Dushlan
Elite Overlord

Postby tuneloon » Tue Nov 13, 2007 10:05 pm

HAHAHA..... I'm sure you do bud.

I just found it odd as I was reading the playback that you'd pull to within 2, then I'd push it back to 3. You'd climb back to within 2, I'd push it back to 3. It was as if they were not going to let you get the lead.

We'll see what happens tomorrow.

Good luck!
Dorc
tuneloon
Elite Overlord

Postby Gorblin » Wed Nov 14, 2007 8:14 pm

Good game Bubbauk, although this one went better for me than the last. My centers did what they're paid to do: get the ball and score. Scary thing is that they are both aging already... and one of them is new from this season?!?

Dushlan's solid upset over Tuneloon was a surprise :) I guess I won't know who I'm facing in the finals until we see the game 3 results on Friday :twisted:

A big "O-tsukare" shoutout to Bubbauk (japanese: thanks for the hard work)! Till we meet up again in another league :)

Piper
Overlord Piper:
Gorblin
Overlord

Postby tuneloon » Wed Nov 14, 2007 8:31 pm

yeah, I wasn't suprised by the outcome, but was by the final score.

Plain and simple, I got thumped.

Hopefully my boys will be able to make a better showing in game 3.

Well done Dushlan.
Dorc
tuneloon
Elite Overlord

Postby Dushlan » Wed Nov 14, 2007 8:34 pm

30 - 11? hmmmm wonder if that qualifies for ..toying... at all? Did notice a center being rested, and do wonder at how many more.......till game 3 tune! :wink:
----
19 Championships
8 Second Places
8 Third Places
----
Dushlan
Elite Overlord

Postby bubbauk » Thu Nov 15, 2007 7:51 am

goodluck gorblin. If you get Tune in the finals, beat the hell out of him. haha. He always seems to kick my butt. If you get Dushlan, well, kick his butt too.

I'll see one of you guys in the 3rd place game.
Bubbauk
bubbauk
Elite Overlord

Postby tuneloon » Fri Nov 16, 2007 7:31 pm

Well, in another classic battle to advance to the finals

Tuneloon's Dream Chasers 23 Dushlan's Last Chancers 22

The Last Chancers game out firing, jumping to a 4-0 lead in the first 2 minutes of the game. The Dream Chasers then turned the tide, putting up 11 points in the final 8 minutes of the first to finish period one at 11-4.

But the Last Chancers fought right back, pulling ahead halfway thru period two with a pair of 3 pointers and ending period two with a 15-14 lead.

The battle continued back and forth, as the two teams were tied at 19 at the 5 minute mark and tied again at the 2 minute mark. But with 48 seconds remaining, the Dream Chasers put in the final one pointer, and secured a trip to the finals.

Great series Dushlan, and not the outcome I expected after the stomping you gave me in game 2.
Dorc
tuneloon
Elite Overlord

Postby Dushlan » Sat Nov 17, 2007 12:09 am

Good Game tune. It was indeed a finals worthy ending, even noticed one of my defenders took a shot right before the final bell but missed the goal!

Well done.

OK Bubba.......lets dance :wink:
----
19 Championships
8 Second Places
8 Third Places
----
Dushlan
Elite Overlord

O-tsukare everyone!

Postby Gorblin » Sun Nov 25, 2007 9:37 pm

I just wanted to thank all you guys for chatting this season. It was really great to get a sense of the personalities behind the teams we play against :)

I'm also very happy the Morons finally managed to get the champeenship. They were a strong team all season long, but all the other top 3 teams definitely kept the tension high :D

See you guys around!
Overlord Piper:
Gorblin
Overlord

Postby bubbauk » Mon Nov 26, 2007 8:30 am

Good season guys. TruPower is rolled and ready for DIV III. Bring it on Guys!
Bubbauk
bubbauk
Elite Overlord

Previous

Return to Division I-IV