Div I League: Stand and be recognized!

In your second season, you are in Division IV. Third season teams play in Division III. Fourth season teams play in Division II. Teams that have already played four or more seasons are in Division I. This helps keep the playing field level as your team gains experience.

Div I League: Stand and be recognized!

Postby Dizzy » Wed May 21, 2008 11:14 am

Overlord's Team
chris's chaos theory
Dizzy's Spleenrippaz
Ender's Gamers
Kyle's Orka Rage
Lynn's Gobspanks Killas
Scott's Big Noses
Shelly's Corrupterz
Valerie's Newkems

Lots of new names for Dizzy to learn! How many of you are lurkers on the forums? How many of you are dirty rotten Computers? What's a Gobspanks? Who said that? Why are you all staring at me? I will kill you all!
:lol: hahahahaha!
I'll KILL you!
Spleenrippaz -- 3rd, 6th, 1st, 1st, 1st, 3rd, 2nd
Meathooks -- 1st, 1st, 2nd, 2nd
Eels -- 1st
Dizzy
Elite Overlord

Postby bubbauk » Wed May 21, 2008 3:06 pm

i've been in some leagues with most of them. Lynn is usually good, so is kyle and chris. don't know the other. That dizzy fellow is pretty bad though. u don't have to worry much about him.
Bubbauk
bubbauk
Elite Overlord

Remain seated and pass through completely unnoticed!

Postby Dizzy » Thu May 29, 2008 10:33 am

Well, based on standard Computery behaviour, I'd say that four of you are dirty, rotten Computers. The other three of you are very silent, sneaky little mouses.

I am anxiously awaiting my confrontation with the mighty Orka Rage on Friday. Kyle's team has just run rampant over his first two opponents, with a combined score of 103 - 10 and racking up 11 KO's (all against Lynn).

My game with Lynn yesterday was rather tense. At one point, my boyz decided to be chivalrous: rather than gang up as a team on Lynn's sole remaining orc (a defender), they stood aside to allow said lone wolf to march up the field, passing to himself, and score a 3-pt goal. Aren't we nice? It makes me wonder how I would have fared against her full team. (I would still have won! Who says I wouldn't?)

This is Dizzy, speaking apparently to himself on CDZY radio. All Dizzy, all the time.
Eels -- 1st
Dizzy
Elite Overlord

Clever with a cleaver in the clover.

Postby Dizzy » Mon Jun 16, 2008 7:27 pm

Overlord's Team..............IQ......Win-Loss-Tie Points For - Against
Dizzy's Spleenrippaz........52......11-1-0..........589 - 123
Kyle's Orka Rage.............52......11-1-0..........648 - 124
Shelly's Corrupterz..........42......9-3-0............386 - 193
Ender's Gamers...............38......8-4-0............300 - 163
chris's chaos theory..........19......4-8-0...........203 - 384
Valerie's Newkems...........19......4-8-0............329 - 301
Lynn's Gobspanks Killas.....4.......1-11-0..........90 - 661
Scott's Big Noses..............0.......0-12-0...........67 - 663

My human opponents in this league have been quiet... a little TOO quiet. As a result, I have vowed to refuse to smacktalk people who aren't here to defend themselves or to hear how clever I can appear when I've got all the time in the world to think about my posts a priori.

But this event, I thought, was worth mentioning: my defender, Norpuddit, who, though not completely addicted to bloodsplatter, never fails to show up in the top five Bruisers list, must have been feeling sad that he had run out of opponents on the field to smack around. He decided to march over to the Killas' bench, where Pictutia (a Killas defender) was waiting patiently and out-of-bounds for his fatigue to abate, and kill him. I had to rewind the playback a couple of times to believe it.

This action sets a dangerous precedent, which could be simultaneously grim and amusing. I've got back-to-backs against the Orka Rage coming up, so we'd better polish our spikes and patch those broken links in the chain armour.
Eels -- 1st
Dizzy
Elite Overlord

And now for a taste of things to come.

Postby Dizzy » Thu Jun 26, 2008 10:03 am

Well! The match between the Spleenrippaz and the Orka Rage was, as expected, as loud, messy, and entertaining as a head-on collision of two trains made of candy and carrying fireworks.

In the back-to-back series, both games ended up being infuriatingly close: 17-13 and 18-17, both in favour of the Rage. He lost 2 orcs (including his monster Defender, Bootvartgs, with 26 KO's this season so far), and I lost 4, and in both games we punched each other rotten. I'm hoping that I do better if and when we meet again in the finals (like my initial 48-1 victory in Game 3). Here are the new standings, with 5 games to go:

Overlord's Team.................IQ....Win-Loss-Tie......Points For - Against
Kyle's Orka Rage................66.....14-2-0................773 - 171
Dizzy's Spleenrippaz..........61.....13-3-0................683 - 187
Shelly's Corrupterz.............61......13-3-0...............479 - 247
Ender's Gamers..................42.......9-7-0................387 - 260
chris's chaos theory...........28.......6-10-0.............294 - 463
Valerie's Newkems............28.......6-10-0.............458 - 392
Lynn's Gobspanks Killas...14.......3-13-0.............191 - 741
Scott's Big Noses................0........0-16-0.............104 - 908

Shelley, a dirty, rotten Computer, has gone on a bit of a winning streak and beat Kyle in yesterday's game, so the race for first is getting tantalizing!

Stay tuned for traffic and weather, here on CDZY. That's "zed", not "zee".
Eels -- 1st
Dizzy
Elite Overlord

It is down to you, and it is down to me.

Postby Dizzy » Fri Jul 11, 2008 8:35 pm

Well, it's coming: a colossal Finals between Kyle's "is-that-an-orcsports-team-or-is-that-an-army?" Orka Rage, whose Defense stars in the Herald are awe-inspiring, and Dizzy's "third-period-thunder" Spleenrippaz, whose lack of dogs in the Herald is kind of creepy.

It's going to be brutal. Do the Spleenrippaz have enough stamina to withstand the inevitable pummeling? Do the Rage have enough depth to cope with the fact that (nigh) any eight Spleenrippaz could be on the first line?

Next Wednesday night, we're going to find out. Dun-dun-DUNNN.

Stay tuned for choir hour on CDZY. This week, we're featuring the youth choir of the church of St. Grazkakh's Holy Spike, starting with their butchered rendition of "Aces High" by Iron Maiden.
Eels -- 1st
Dizzy
Elite Overlord

One for the money...

Postby Dizzy » Wed Jul 16, 2008 7:17 pm

That's one in the bag for the 'Rippaz: 28 - 21 for the us guys. We had a commanding lead at the end of the second period, but we all ought to know by now how quickly those leads can evaporate like so much isopropanol.

Body count: actually pretty low, considering the teams and the stakes. 1 dead them guys, 0 dead us guys.

On a side note: Get the coffee brewing in the Elites lunchroom, Ice, 'cause we're coming (and we're thirsty). One more week, no matter what happens in this finals series. Count 'em... 1.

So! If anyone out there has an Elite team that you'd like to dust off to show the 'Rippaz how things work on the top floor, then please...

BRING IT!
(in one week)

CDZY radio: we're the toothpicks that keep your eyelids open late into the night, when the looting is over and all you've got is some padded leg armour.
Eels -- 1st
Dizzy
Elite Overlord

...and two for the show.

Postby Dizzy » Fri Jul 18, 2008 8:09 pm

'Rippaz WIN!!! 33 - 5!

...But, before the mandatory gloating and whatnot, let us bow our heads and pay tribute to those who fell in this final game of the season:

From the 'Rippaz: Buxzesia, Fuhrgazbo, Leigvsi, Rhineryez.
From the Orka Rage: Buhagama, Chiljat, Dotsuvag, Erhshaipi, Fritzmigi, Igfavee, Ipvartgoz.

(In games like these, I'd like to see a little dark green splatter on the field wherever someone sucks spike. It'd also be nice, Ice, if the commentary at the bottom of the playback mentioned who got killed and by whom.)

Now, where was I? Ah, yes. <ahem>

WE IZ TEN KINDZ O HELL! WE IZ DA CHAMPZ! But most importantly, WE IZ L33T!

What sorts of challenges will the 'Rippaz face in the centre ring? :o How long can they stay there? 8) Will Dizzy get all sulky and depressed if he gets kicked back down to Div I right away? You're damned right I will! :cry: In any case, here's hoping that I don't end up talking to myself in some forgotten corner of the forum for another season. OUT!

CDZY radio is off the air. <static>
Eels -- 1st
Dizzy
Elite Overlord

Postby TheIceMage » Sun Jul 20, 2008 10:38 am

Congrats!

As I'm sure you've read on the forums, Elite leagues really are tough.

...Unless you're Richie's Riches. :wink:
39-21-23-72 on 4/9/2009
34-11-14-38 on 12/5/2007
30-8-9-33 on 5/2/2007
::goldmedal:: ::silvermedal:: ::bronzemedal:: ::dog::
TheIceMage
Site Admin

Return to Division I-IV