Weird Game Question

Novice Division is for new teams.

Weird Game Question

Postby Seth » Thu Dec 07, 2006 10:46 pm

OK, I'm sure I just don't get this because I'm new and dumb. But this really odd game just happened in my league and I'm hoping someone can explain it to me.

Ruben's Dragons were playing Bryan's Crazy Loons.

Ruben's Dragons have one player. He plays center. There is no one else on the roster.

Bryan's Crazy Loons have 28 players, none of whom are assigned to specific positions.

In the first period, Bryan's Crazy Loons took the field and racked up 40 points against Ruben's (lone) Dragon. Kinda like I thought would happen.

Weirdly, none of Bryan's 28 players came into the game in the second or third periods, and Ruben's Dragon racked up 60 points and won the game by himself.

Now, trust me, Bryan's players were not all knocked out by this one orc. Neither were they all tired. Can someone explain to me what happened?

I play Ruben's one Dragon (who now has quite mighty scoring stats, having racked up 60 by himself) on Saturday so I'm hoping I can get a clarification...

Thanks for any help! As I said, I'm new and dumb.

-Seth
Last edited by Seth on Thu Dec 07, 2006 11:42 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Seth
Senior Overlord

Postby Bogdanovist » Thu Dec 07, 2006 11:14 pm

Nah you're not dumb, the behavior you see is indeed odd but it's also known issue with the game sim. I think the reason it hasn't had much attention is that it's only a problem for muppet novice teams that don't have players assigned to lineups, or only one player assigned and other weird stuff like that. The game works fine when both teams are set up as you would expect someone who is actually controlling their team to set them up.

In terms of what to do, just assign your players, make sure you fill up all three lines with the exception of the second and third string goalies, it's pretty standard to have one players only assigned to the second and third string goalie positions. Otherwise as I say, assign all three lines. If you don't have enough players to do so then get them as soon as possible. As long as your lines are set okay you shouldn't have any issues with weird effects due to some odd assignment (or lack of it) from your opponent.

Welcome to Orcsports! If you have any other problems or questions ask away :D
Bogdanovist
Senior Overlord

Postby Seth » Thu Dec 07, 2006 11:37 pm

Thanks so much! That cleared things up immensely.

-Seth
Seth
Senior Overlord

Postby bubbauk » Fri Dec 08, 2006 8:02 pm

well, i thought that was weird my self. I am Bryan Crazy loons and I had a computer problem that day. I had signed on to the game and then my comp just died. I couldn't get on to assign them to my lineup. then i saw that and just about croaked. i'm assigned now though. that won't happen again..
Bubbauk
bubbauk
Elite Overlord

Postby Certified » Wed May 09, 2007 7:39 am

Are you brian's sinking hearts??? :)
GIRRRR

BETCH!!
Certified
Overlord

Postby bubbauk » Wed May 09, 2007 8:59 pm

nope. it would be bubbauk now. that was a long ago post. changed everything to bubbauk.
Bubbauk
bubbauk
Elite Overlord

His mild-mannered alter ego.

Postby Dizzy » Wed May 09, 2007 9:11 pm

Even his birth certificate.

Now, he's only Bryan by night, in dark corners. With a fork. Don't ask about the fork.
Dizzy
Elite Overlord

Postby bubbauk » Thu May 10, 2007 7:23 am

just got a new spoon as well! a little slower.
Bubbauk
bubbauk
Elite Overlord

Return to Novice Division