Time to see how much i have learnt

Novice Division is for new teams.

Time to see how much i have learnt

Postby ettiene » Tue Jan 16, 2007 5:28 am

Just started two new leagues with sharks and destroyers. Hopefully they fare better than my previous two teams. looks like its going to be an interesting league with noteable overlords such as tune, tom and kyle who i played against with destroyers. Destroyers already played two games with on loss to kyle which could be due to the fact that i only 10 players(or at least i hope so); and a huge win against micheals burnside(he only had 5 players at the time). Hopefully these new teams are a bit more competitive. Good luck to all 8)
41 Championships
15 Second places
8 Third places
Avg Finish: 2.22
Undefeated teams:
Bluebulls 1st, 8th
Domination 4th,5th, 7th
Experimental morons 2nd,8th
ettiene
Overlord with the Most Balls

Postby tomchaps » Wed Jan 17, 2007 8:45 pm

In the novice league you're in with me, I'm willing to send you and anyone else interested a spreadsheet with all the orcs stats on it, sortable, clans taken into account.

Anyone interested?
tomchaps
Senior Overlord

Postby ettiene » Thu Jan 18, 2007 12:51 am

thnx tom. Could be very useful. ettienes2005@yahoo.co.uk. :D
41 Championships
15 Second places
8 Third places
Undefeated teams:
Bluebulls 1st, 8th
Domination 4th,5th, 7th
ettiene

Postby tomchaps » Thu Jan 25, 2007 1:45 pm

Tonight, I have the big matchup my team fears, against tuneloon's Spleen Splitters. According to my li'l database, tune has by far the best team in this league.

I figure I have about a 35% chance of winning, if I shoot well and can avoid his better sneak/pound.
tomchaps
Senior Overlord

Postby tuneloon » Thu Jan 25, 2007 3:57 pm

My inferior armor is what I'm worried about most in this game, but most of that is because none of my bench players have any armor (but my first 3 almost all have at least padded. I also have the top 3 bruisers at this early stage of the season (only 1 knockout league wide), so the lack of armor for my bench may not be a factor at all.

We should have a much better idea of where we stand after tonight. I'm still curious as to how Ettiene's Sharks will fare when he plays against the two of us. And would it be too much to say that the three of us and Kyle's Savages will be the 4 playoff teams come the end of the season (and this only after 2 games).
Dorc
tuneloon
Elite Overlord

Postby ettiene » Thu Jan 25, 2007 9:43 pm

thnx tune, appreciate the vote of confidence. My sharks at the moment i think is the best team i have had so far. First line is all great players and all have toughness 4 or better 8)
41 Championships
15 Second places
8 Third places
Undefeated teams:
Bluebulls 1st, 8th
Domination 4th,5th, 7th
ettiene

Postby tuneloon » Thu Jan 25, 2007 10:21 pm

Congrats on the win Tom, was a closely contested battle, as expected.

Get Kyle, then Ettiene on the next two, so we'll see how things balance out over the next four games as the cream rises to the top.

Looks like Ink's Waagh! might be in the running for playoffs as well. He played both Tom and I tough, although losing both games.
Dorc
tuneloon
Elite Overlord

Postby ettiene » Wed Jan 31, 2007 9:40 am

Got game tonight against tom. Looks like it might be close although i have a few changes from team that played last couple of games. Team starting to look good though. Have two good lines in all posisions. Drafted a couple of players during last couple of games. Was surprised to find that there is still some good talent out there even after auction frenzy. Oh well, guess time will tell whether this was a good strategy. Good luck tonight tom 8)
41 Championships
15 Second places
8 Third places
Undefeated teams:
Bluebulls 1st, 8th
Domination 4th,5th, 7th
ettiene

Return to Novice Division