Sharks doing well

Novice Division is for new teams.

Postby tuneloon » Fri Feb 16, 2007 7:32 am

ettiene wrote:tune's Joozenrul(who is pretty much scoring every second of the game)

Wow, I hadn't realized this

Num faceoffs while in play: 472
Faceoffs won by teammate: 217
Faceoffs taken: 472
Faceoffs won: 216
Shots on 1 point goal: 170
Shots on 3 point goal: 155
1-point goals: 152
3-point goals: 133
Plus-Minus: 858

Top 10 Point Scorers
Orc Name Points
Tuneloon's Joozenrul 551
Tom's Gywinzbew 277
Marc's Climutefpleg 257
Tuneloon's Gabdynz 239
Ettiene's Gezfaam 220
Marc's Yorokev 200
Tom's Fewmiburr 160
Tom's Poodipu 154
Ettiene's Zashkohack 139
Kyle's Erqohaix 127

That will change this evening, as Tom and I have our first game in the back to back series. In our first game he only had 4 shots on goal and scored 1 1-pointer.

Good luck (not too much) tonight Tom
Dorc
tuneloon
Elite Overlord

Postby ettiene » Fri Feb 16, 2007 9:25 am

No offense to tom but i will be voting for a lot of knockouts from tune's team. Playing tom after you tune so make me proud and knock a couple of guys out(PS: Not to be picky, one of the following if u can in order - 1. Gywinzbew 2. Wooquisjooz 3. Poodipu 4. Vissoaz 5. any one of the two Goalies) :twisted:
Thnx appreciate the cooperation :wink:
41 Championships
15 Second places
8 Third places
Avg Finish: 2.22
Undefeated teams:
Bluebulls 1st, 8th
Domination 4th,5th, 7th
Experimental morons 2nd,8th
ettiene
Overlord with the Most Balls

Postby tomchaps » Fri Feb 16, 2007 8:55 pm

Wow, what happened that game? Tune, are you trying to hustle me, and put in your scrubs so I'd get overconfident?

This was the first time I'd put in my absolute best team in a while; I didn't think they'd be that effective. Too bad they'll be too tired to stay in the next three games in a row.
tomchaps
Senior Overlord

Postby ettiene » Fri Feb 16, 2007 11:36 pm

Wow, thought you two were gonna take each other to the wire..... Good game Tom. Looks like your team either really upped their game or Tune was playing dead b4 playoffs. Looks like in it for a long shot in playing a home semi although i still have to play both you and Tune so highly unlikely.
41 Championships
15 Second places
8 Third places
Undefeated teams:
Bluebulls 1st, 8th
Domination 4th,5th, 7th
ettiene

Postby tuneloon » Mon Feb 19, 2007 4:03 pm

Well, I somehow managed to eek out a win in the final game against Tom to ensure he doesn't go undefeated. I forgot to upgrade armor and weapons in the first game, and he killed me late. Second game I upgraded and performed much better, although Tom may have been resting some players. Your shot at him now Ettiene!! Knock him off at least one of the games so I can crawl back into a chance for first place.
Dorc
tuneloon
Elite Overlord

Postby ettiene » Tue Feb 20, 2007 11:26 am

Good luck tonight tom. Hope my team puts up a little bit of a fight. Looking at armor so far you team is miles ahead of mine, which might be the deciding factor. Think my team has a minor chance though if my defence and goalies can hold up long enough. Starting to look like Kyle has got his act together and trying to come in as a dark horse. Think it will be interesting to see how he fairs in next couple of games. Never underestimate a downed dog :wink:
41 Championships
15 Second places
8 Third places
Undefeated teams:
Bluebulls 1st, 8th
Domination 4th,5th, 7th
ettiene

Postby ettiene » Thu Feb 22, 2007 8:55 am

Wow! Thought it would be at least a little closer than that. Always score of twenties to lower than 10. Also got a huge healing bill after game. Tom really put a pounding on my orcs. What i dont get is i think my team is pretty good, but somehow tune and tom seem to stock up faster on armor???? Oh well, hopefully i can get my guys dressed up a bit more for the playoffs. I would say good luck tonight tom, but seems i will be the one that needs it :roll:
41 Championships
15 Second places
8 Third places
Undefeated teams:
Bluebulls 1st, 8th
Domination 4th,5th, 7th
ettiene

Postby tomchaps » Tue Feb 27, 2007 2:01 am

I think armor is the best investment you can make, in a novice season. Paying for it early not only keeps your good guys in, and levels them up faster, and wins more games--it saves you a cumulative TON on healing bills as the season progresses.

I buy rope, loot the merchants like crazy, and start buying leather/chain early.
tomchaps
Senior Overlord

Postby ettiene » Wed Feb 28, 2007 9:44 pm

Finally!!!! A win against one of the big guns:

Ettiene's Sharks 14-7 Tuneloon's Spleen Splitters

Good game Tune. Hows about the amount of saves in the third period... Before third score was 11-7. Only 3 1 pointers in third and 20 saves altogether. 8 saves from Wizcjurpig and the rest from your Goalies. This should make the last couple of games interesting.
41 Championships
15 Second places
8 Third places
Undefeated teams:
Bluebulls 1st, 8th
Domination 4th,5th, 7th
ettiene

Postby tuneloon » Thu Mar 01, 2007 7:11 am

Congrats on the win!

Since being #2 or 3 seed is secured, I've been toying with my lineup a little the last few games. Got one of my backup wings to level 2 Defense in our game. Did have a majority of my starters in though (just not on defense).

I'll be resting (move to 3rd string) many of my starters for our next game to have them fresh for the playoffs.

You also managed to kill one of my top scoring wings, who will miss the first game of our playoff matchup!
Dorc
tuneloon
Elite Overlord

Postby ettiene » Thu Mar 01, 2007 11:31 am

Yeah was hoping for a kill or two. Other KO looks like a minor one though. Hoping to take out some more in game 2. If i can get Joozenrul, Gabdynz or Yoyhelvip out in next game i think will have a good chance going into playoffs. Guess only time will tell how things turn out. Quite interesting that we play each other 4 games in a row(maybe 5). Should help either of us as far as experience goes for the one that reaches the finals although i still think Kyle shouldnt be discounted as yet. One of my other Teams(Destroyers) reached the final after a dismal start to the season and look good to take the championship. Check out thread(http://www.orcsports.com/forum/viewtopi ... =4436#4436). Good luck in next couple of matchups Tune. Hopefully they are all thrillers :wink:
41 Championships
15 Second places
8 Third places
Undefeated teams:
Bluebulls 1st, 8th
Domination 4th,5th, 7th
ettiene

Postby ettiene » Tue Mar 06, 2007 10:00 am

Well here we are and playoff between me and tune should be a real thriller. All starters are in and ready to give it their all. Also upped my armor some more. Good luck tonight Tune :wink:
41 Championships
15 Second places
8 Third places
Undefeated teams:
Bluebulls 1st, 8th
Domination 4th,5th, 7th
ettiene

Postby ettiene » Tue Mar 06, 2007 10:36 pm

Good game last night tune:

Tuneloon's Spleen Splitters 10-13 Ettiene's Sharks

Even though i won i think you came better of in that game. Both my top defenders have been knocked out which doesnt invoke confidence for next game. Happy about the win though. Hopefully next game can be as close again without the knockouts of course :?
41 Championships
15 Second places
8 Third places
Undefeated teams:
Bluebulls 1st, 8th
Domination 4th,5th, 7th
ettiene

Postby tuneloon » Wed Mar 07, 2007 6:48 am

Congrats on the win Ett.

I now have my #1 wing back, did some minor adjustments, and with your top 2 defenders out I feel like I have a good chance to still win the series. We'll see.
Dorc
tuneloon
Elite Overlord

Postby ettiene » Thu Mar 08, 2007 7:52 am

Should be good game tonight. I managed to put in some rather good replacements. I forgot i had more depth in defense than other positions. Looks like tom is gonna take the league though no matter which of us go through. So far he has plate on both goalies, both centres and a little on one wing as well with rest in chain plus a whole lot of steel spikes. It is said that heavy armor slows players down but all he needs is to hit once with that armor and he will do some major damage. Quick question, if u tougher opposition do you get more experience than when playing losers?
41 Championships
15 Second places
8 Third places
Undefeated teams:
Bluebulls 1st, 8th
Domination 4th,5th, 7th
ettiene

PreviousNext

Return to Novice Division