LOCO 2 - Novice Division

Novice Division is for new teams.

Postby Mad Jackal » Wed May 30, 2007 10:10 pm

TheIcedMage wrote:16 to 12? Bubbauk - did your top lines take the night off?

bubbaky wrote:yeah, they did the last game too. don't know what happened. guess they just got bored. ya know, all that scoring. trying to get some pt for the losers.

Hey you guys. I am still here and can hear you.

(not that my team record shows it.)

:D
Mad Jackal
Senior Overlord

Postby bubbauk » Fri Jun 01, 2007 7:07 am

well, here is where i get my 5th place. i have 1 more with dizzy, then tune, (which i have a fighting chance at) doubt it, then brak, then ett. not a real good way. brak has brett (sorry man) before me so he has an easier time. could be close for that 5th spot.
Bubbauk
bubbauk
Elite Overlord

Postby tuneloon » Fri Jun 01, 2007 10:43 am

WEll, don't count me out yet either. I've got 3 games left with Dizzy and Ett, as well as a pair with you Bubba, and two against ICE who is finally showing signs of life. 3rd through 6th is definately where I'll end up, but exactly where I have no idea.

Brak has the easiest schedule remaining, as he has no games left against the top 2. His game tonight against Chance will be big, as will the set against Bubba

Bubba's schedule is the toughest. And if Jack can win the next game against ICE, he's only 2 games out of playoff contention.

It's going to be quite a battle for the last playoff spots
Dorc
tuneloon
Elite Overlord

The hat has been tipped.

Postby Dizzy » Fri Jun 01, 2007 8:30 pm

I knew it was coming, someday. A loss was nigh; I could hear its hollow footsteps echoing in the halls of my paranoid foresight. I know my lads like they know the back of my hand, and they have their flaws...
...but scoring has never been one of them until tonight.

17 to 1!? I scored ONCE?? Wow. That makes a grand total of 7 pts that we have scored against your steadfast and awe-inspiring goalies in this back-to-back series.

Mr. Uk, congratulations to your wins in our two shared leagues tonight. I only wish that both games had been exciting to watch. I mean, the 'Rippaz 3-pt goalie might as well have been a cardboard cut-out, but at least the rest of 'em put up a good fight, so that's OK... as for the 'Hooks, I might as well have replaced my line-up with baked potatoes.

I hope that I can beat the lads into shape for the games against Ettiene, or we're in, as Jesse Ventura would say, a world of hurt.
Dizzy
Elite Overlord

Postby bubbauk » Sat Jun 02, 2007 2:37 pm

was wondering what was going on tonight dizzy. did you not see that i'm trying for 5th? i'm glad about the win against the spleenrippaz, that put me back in first. good luck with jeffery.
Bubbauk
bubbauk
Elite Overlord

Through the froth of my own blood I vow revenge...

Postby Dizzy » Sun Jun 03, 2007 8:15 pm

After tonight's game between the Creatures and the Meathooks, Sporcs Illustrated reporters were able to get an exclusive interview with Amorpoo, one of the Meathooks' star scorers and one of three serious casualties in the game, by creating roadblocks in front of his ambulance. After incapacitating the paramedics and overturning the vehicle, the reporters dragged Amorpoo's gurney out of the back and drilled him with questions about his team's performance, which had been impressive until the relentless Creature physical onslaught had caught up with them. His responses, being distorted by a swollen tongue, a broken tusk, and blood pooling in his throat, were mostly indiscernible. Three words were clear enough to record, though the audio hardly does them justice as it does not show the murderous intent in his one good eye...

"grkrgnext... gkgame... kxkrrevengegrksss...."

:twisted: Two days, dude. Count 'em.
Dizzy
Elite Overlord

Postby bubbauk » Sun Jun 03, 2007 9:11 pm

i believe that it has come down to, me, brak and tune. the problem is, brak and tune both have easier schedules after me. I have tune now, then brak then ett. not an easy schedule. have to beat tune in game 2, won the first, then beat brak at least once. i need 2 or 3 wins in the last 5 games. good luck. brak has the easier schedule. how did that happen? haha.
Bubbauk
bubbauk
Elite Overlord

Postby ettiene » Mon Jun 04, 2007 11:12 pm

Good game dizzy. Was really hoping to win at least one game to hold top spot after our series. Looks like the battles are for 1st and 2nd and then there are five other teams that can still make the playoff with only brett not being able to make it anymore. Brak seems to be the favourite as he still has to play brett(8th) and Mad jackal(7th). The battle for that final spot is gonna be interesting:

Tune's remaining games:
Bubbauk(3rd)
Brett(8th)
Dizzy(2nd)

Bubbauk's remaining games:
Tune(5th)
Brak(4th)
Ett(1st)

Good luck guys ::beer::
41 Championships
15 Second places
8 Third places
Avg Finish: 2.22
Undefeated teams:
Bluebulls 1st, 8th
Domination 4th,5th, 7th
Experimental morons 2nd,8th
ettiene
Overlord with the Most Balls

Postby bubbauk » Tue Jun 05, 2007 7:24 am

well, basically i have to beat tune in both games and i should have a playoff spot. with tune playing dizzy and me playing ett hopefully that will balance both of those out and so if I win both games with tune, i should be in. but, you never know.
Bubbauk
bubbauk
Elite Overlord

In fair Verona, where we lay our scene...

Postby Dizzy » Tue Jun 05, 2007 8:14 pm

Let me set a scene for you...

'Tis the end of the second period, and the Creatures are beating the hometown 'Hooks by a score of 15 - 4. A mass of thunderheads is gathering overhead, and the wind is howling. The fists are a-flyin', and the 'Hooks are on the losing end of that little metagame as well: the benchwarmers, nervous and inexperienced, are out to face the Creatures' menacing front line. In the distance, traces of lightning flicker across the sky.

Enter the third period. Rain starts to fall gently on the field while a small gap in the clouds allows one ray of sunlight onto the pitch. A flock of white bats erupts from underneath the stands as the first face-off of the final ten minutes is tossed.

8:51 - Drejegoz scores 3 points. 15 - 7.
6:53 - Bowukwif scores 3 points. 15 - 10.

Hearts begin to pound in the stands, and 'Hooks fans begin to see new life in their heroes.

6:28 - Fixinzy scores 1 point. 16 - 10.
4:50 - Haqquisnk (benchwarmer) score 3 points off of an interception. 16 - 13.
2:50 - Cofbleqa scores 1 point off of a steal. 17 - 13.

By now, the stands are quiet, and one by one the fans start to stand and stomp in unison. Someone is heard to shout "Oh, gods, don't dangle hope in front of us and then take it away!"

1:59 - Audangow (benchwarmer) scores 3 points. 17 - 16.

The rain stops. Fans cringe as the 'Hooks goalie manages to save a 3-pt attempt, and then the Creatures goalie does the same. Another strong drive by the Creatures results in...

...a missed shot. A collective gasp is heard throughout the stands. Someone faints. Thunder rumbles faintly, and wild dogs bark. The beer vendor shouts "Ale for 5 gold!" and is promptly killed.

And with 6 seconds to go, Zybiphfide (benchwarmer) scores a final 3-point goal. Final score: 19 - 17.

On the sidelines, Amorpoo grins through stitched lips. Revenge was not as bloody as he would have liked, but it was one for the books nonetheless.

Dig it, dammit. Dig it.
Dizzy
Elite Overlord

Postby ettiene » Tue Jun 05, 2007 10:46 pm

Good comeback dizzy. This is gonna make last 4 games very interesting as only 1 game separates us. Good luck rest of the way :wink:
41 Championships
15 Second places
8 Third places
Avg Finish: 2.22
Undefeated teams:
Bluebulls 1st, 8th
Domination 4th,5th, 7th
Experimental morons 2nd,8th
ettiene
Overlord with the Most Balls

Postby tuneloon » Wed Jun 06, 2007 5:52 am

Yeah, and my defense stepped up in game 2 against Bubba to take a 14-9 victory. Bubba and I are 1 game apart from each other and our points scored is seperated by 8.

Brak is right in the middle of it, and with Bubba and Brak facing each other I have the opportunity to set myself up well if I can win a pair against ICE and his team, which is finally starting to show signs of life.

Should be an interesting finish.
Dorc
tuneloon
Elite Overlord

Postby bubbauk » Wed Jun 06, 2007 8:04 am

nice game tune. u and brak defintely have the advantage. with playing an easier schedule at the end. should be down to the wire. dont think that i really want any of ett or dizzy though. i'll take 5th and the draft picks.
Bubbauk
bubbauk
Elite Overlord

Postby randomluck » Fri Jun 08, 2007 9:31 am

Figure I'm going to give it my all even though we are fighting for 6th place. Now, I've had problems all season at looting. I've acquired enough gold to pay for prison fees and healing bills, but I kept looking for the Holy Grail: A Suit of Plate! But only managed brass knuckles, and precious few of them.

So I check in on my boys this morning to prepare for the game today. what do I find? Let's see:

First String Wing - Dead
Third String Wing - Imprisoned
Third String Defense - Imprisoned
Third String Center - Dead
Benchwarmer who I use to fill in when others are dead - Dead
Number 1 Center - Still Dead

Healing Bill - 1733 Gold over what I can afford.

Prospects of winning tonights Game: Dead
Last edited by randomluck on Fri Jun 08, 2007 9:42 am, edited 1 time in total.
The Black Belt Beaters
Honest Tricksters
Followers of One Fang
Three Claws
Fifth Times the Charm
Not the Face! Not the Face!
Mwuhahaha
randomluck
Elite Overlord

How to Beat the Mwuhahaha

Postby randomluck » Fri Jun 08, 2007 9:37 am

Ok, there are many ways... but I was checking my team stats and came up with the ultimate crusher for Dizzy if you want to ensure the Evil Laugh becomes a pushover in the next game.

Kill Audzetjaz.

That's it, short and simple. Audzetjaz scored 191 of the 399 points my team has scored all season. The next highest player has scored only 41 in comparison, after that it declines rapidly to zero.

Just a little note worth mentioning.
The Black Belt Beaters
Honest Tricksters
Followers of One Fang
Three Claws
Fifth Times the Charm
Not the Face! Not the Face!
Mwuhahaha
randomluck
Elite Overlord

PreviousNext

Return to Novice Division