LOCO 2 - Novice Division

Novice Division is for new teams.

We don't stop punching until our knuckles touch soul.

Postby Dizzy » Fri Jun 08, 2007 10:00 am

randomluck wrote:So I check in on my boys this morning to prepare for the game today. what do I find? Let's see:

First String Wing - Dead
Third String Center - Dead
Benchwarmer who I use to fill in when others are dead - Dead

Healing Bill - 1733 Gold over what I can afford.

Yeah, I guess the 'Hooks got a little overzealous last night. :? At least Vopflowaq survived his spiky encounter. :mrgreen:

As for tonight, Bibnavatnem is the only evil knock-out monster that I'll have on the field. Everyone else is too sleepy ::tired:: . Two games in two nights... man, that really tests your team's endurance, doesn't it?
Dizzy
Elite Overlord

Re: We don't stop punching until our knuckles touch soul.

Postby randomluck » Mon Jun 11, 2007 1:22 pm

And the Evil laugh is knocked out of contention, not that we had such a great shot at it.

I'm already preparing for rollover. Not sure about everyone else, but I've finished off my loan, bought some chain to complete the "goalie novice package", and set my orcs to rollover all I want to keep (20 orcs). I may add in the 2nd and 3rd string goalies, but they are pretty lousy (but cheap!).

As we round out this novice league of Loco 2, I can only say that Audzetjaz is the only true star among my group. He's scored 191 points and is #1-1 Point scorer, #1-3 Point scorer, and (obviously) #1 Point scorer in the league. Some would say he's the only one on the team who can score a goal!

Unfortuantely, they would be right.

My next two games are against Brett's AOP. I really look forward to seeing how you coped with this season Brett, considering the difficulties you had earlier with cash.

And who will win the league? Not sure.

Ett and Bubbauk face each other, and they are currently 1st and 3rd. If they maintain their position, it will be four games in a row these teams will face each other. All could be decided in the final game of the regular season depending on which players the teams can field going into the finals.

Looking forward to it!
The Black Belt Beaters
Honest Tricksters
Followers of One Fang
Three Claws
Fifth Times the Charm
Not the Face! Not the Face!
Mwuhahaha
randomluck
Elite Overlord

Postby TheIceMage » Mon Jun 11, 2007 2:04 pm

I still have a loan of about 5,000 gold, but I just finished putting leather on all assigned orcs (1st-3rd line). My first-line goalies have chain. Everyone on the bench is in hand-me-down padded. I have no weapons or cash.

Keeping about 20 orcs, my rollover will cost me about 17,000, so I'll have about 5,000 in cash at the start of next season. Draft picks will put my team at 25 players. Not terrible, but certainly could be better.
39-21-23-72 on 4/9/2009
34-11-14-38 on 12/5/2007
30-8-9-33 on 5/2/2007
::goldmedal:: ::silvermedal:: ::bronzemedal:: ::dog::
TheIceMage
Site Admin

Postby TheIceMage » Mon Jun 11, 2007 2:09 pm

As to great players on my team, I have none. Xhauufdel is the only ranked player in good things, and that's for 9 blocked shots (tied for 4th) this season. As he's not likely to get much play time in the next two games, he could easily slide off that rank, as the ones below him have 8 or 7 blocked shots.
39-21-23-72 on 4/9/2009
34-11-14-38 on 12/5/2007
30-8-9-33 on 5/2/2007
TheIceMage
Site Admin

Postby tuneloon » Mon Jun 11, 2007 2:24 pm

I've got 13 rolled, with chain on my goalies and leather on my front line and padded on most of my bench.

My playoff outlook is pretty bleak, as Brak(5th) plays Jack(7th) while I(4th) play Dizzy(2nd). Brak is a game back of me, but he would probably win any tiebreaker, so I will have to either pull a major upset of Dizzy or hope for some help from Jack.

My only true star is Ashgvzy, who is the #7 Goalie
Dorc
tuneloon
Elite Overlord

Postby ettiene » Mon Jun 11, 2007 11:53 pm

Thnx to tune last night the top two spots have been decided :D I can now rest some of my top guns for the last game of the season and things are looking very good for the creatures before the playoffs. Got 12 players already rolled; 1st and 2nd string centres and wings in chain; 2 goalies in plate; 10 steel spikes and just over 900 in gold 8) Still however got a few more players i want to rollover who already has some prepayment but not quite paid off. Will need some wins in the playoffs to really be in good standing come end of season. Good luck for last games all :wink:
41 Championships
15 Second places
8 Third places
Avg Finish: 2.22
Undefeated teams:
Bluebulls 1st, 8th
Domination 4th,5th, 7th
Experimental morons 2nd,8th
ettiene
Overlord with the Most Balls

Postby tuneloon » Tue Jun 12, 2007 5:46 am

Wow, it's almost like the NFL week 17.

My hope was to pull another upset in my next game, while Ett beats Bubba, which would put me with the #3 seed facing the #2 Dizzy who I just beat. Ett resting his players may put a damper on that.

Of course, I still would have to beat Dizzy, which might not happen, and I might not even make the playoffs. Had my team decided to show up in the beginning of the season I wouldn't have to worry about this dilema.

With the way Ett's team is playing and the amount of cash he's been able to put into armor, I don't think anyone is going to be able to take the title from him this season.
Dorc
tuneloon
Elite Overlord

Postby bubbauk » Wed Jun 13, 2007 7:48 am

i agree tune. i am resting my stars right now so he doesn't kill them. you still have a chance for 3rd. the good thing for me is that i'm in. now it is ett or dizzy who i play. good luck all.
Bubbauk
bubbauk
Elite Overlord

Fanfare and hooplah!

Postby Dizzy » Fri Jun 15, 2007 9:43 am

Dizzy's back! Back from a brief sojourn in real-life land. Good feelings all around as I log in to Orcsports...

Playoff games: Dizzy vs. Bubbauk.

Good feelings gone. I've been dreading facing Bubbauk again, after what happened in our back-to-back slugfest... I guess I was hoping that he would have to face Ettiene instead. My prediction: our series will go to 3 games, after which, win or lose, the 'Hooks will be in no shape to keep going.

In other news: Go, Brak, GO! Load up on armour; you'll need it. ...Where is Brak, anyway? He hasn't posted in a while, has he?
Dizzy
Elite Overlord

Postby bubbauk » Sat Jun 16, 2007 4:20 pm

great! dizzy's back. was hoping you'd stay away. Good luck.

Go Brak! haha.
Bubbauk
bubbauk
Elite Overlord

Postby TheIceMage » Sun Jun 17, 2007 12:34 pm

Woohoo! Just paid off my loan!
39-21-23-72 on 4/9/2009
34-11-14-38 on 12/5/2007
30-8-9-33 on 5/2/2007
TheIceMage
Site Admin

Postby bubbauk » Tue Jun 19, 2007 9:26 pm

well, both series are going 3. interesting though, in the brak and ett series the home team won and in bubbauk (me) and dizzy, the away team won both. can it continue? hope so, puts me in the finals against ett.

why am i always facing ett? why o why?
Bubbauk
bubbauk
Elite Overlord

Dizzy needs a triple bypass now.

Postby Dizzy » Tue Jun 19, 2007 9:27 pm

So it's the start of the third period, and the 'Hooks are losing 11-0. Dizzy's head is in his hands, his eyes are closed, and he has already finished his tea and cookies. 'This is the end of all things', he moans. 'If you yutzes would ony score once... just, just once.. I'd feel better."

A foghorn is heard.

Dizzy ponders the general goodness of the sound. He dares to open one eye through crumb-laden fingers and see which of his lads brightened his evening, if only for a heartbeat or two, then returns to his melancholy.

A foghorn is heard.

Dizzy cannot stifle a small, sad chortle. Oh, sure, he's had some dramatic comebacks so far this season, but his luck must surely --

A foghorn is heard.

What the hell? It's 11 - 9, with 4:20 to go. Dizzy watches in awestruck fascination as his team heads once again for the goal... the 1-pt goal! He gestures madly at the other goal and curses with jargon befitting an Orcsports Overlord as the score is brought to 11 - 10 with 3:20 to go. Dizzy figures that his lads are just trying to be give him palpitations for kicks. Nevertheless, with 1:18 to go, the 'Hooks score the winning 3-pt goal. Dizzy is in shock.

His wife asks how the game went, and he does not answer.
Dizzy
Elite Overlord

Postby randomluck » Wed Jun 20, 2007 6:44 pm

Wow! Great games all!

First: Dizzy-awesome comeback! Don't know how you pulled it off, but I could sure learn a thing or two from that!

Second: Ett? What Happened? I would have put money on you this game (even if it was against Brak - who is always tough). Could the Brak's orcs have been pulling a fast one on us all and he was just pretending to sneak in 4th? Hmmm...time will tell.

Anyhow, good luck to all of you in the playoffs. I've rolled over everyone I want and looks like I'll have a whopping 600 gold above the 25k loan. Have to decide whether I want better orcs next season, or pay off the loan and aim for the third season.
The Black Belt Beaters
Honest Tricksters
Followers of One Fang
Three Claws
Fifth Times the Charm
Not the Face! Not the Face!
Mwuhahaha
randomluck
Elite Overlord

Postby bubbauk » Thu Jun 21, 2007 7:48 am

i'm in that which way do I go, i'll be able to keep the players that i want and lose the losers on my team, but i don't know how many new decent players i'll be able to pick up. decisions.
Bubbauk
bubbauk
Elite Overlord

PreviousNext

Return to Novice Division