League ends Jan 10

Novice Division is for new teams.

League ends Jan 10

Postby randomluck » Tue Nov 13, 2007 9:39 pm

Watch out, Gents, Random's on a one game winning Streak! That's right! And it wasn't a forfeit! WOOHOO, this team rocks!

And in three days the next victim is Bubbauk's Big Pile Of... That's right, I'm calling you out, Bubbauk! Sure, you may have won bya 41 point margin in your first game compared to our measly 14 point gain. Yes, your defender raised up to level 3, but we have something you lack.

We got Guts! And in our first match up of the season your going to see them! Whereever you look on the field, there'll they be!

"Umm...nice words coach. Could you pipe down please...I think Wikedzem is going to be sick." :)

It's nice to see a novice league with so many people actually bidding. Only one forfeiture, not bad. Doesn't look like anyone was able to completely fill their roster.

I did have one bad luck last night, sent the boys out looking for "donations", and lost a star player I had in second Wing. Had to reorganize all my lines cause I had only a single Orc left and he really wasn't a Wing type.

Good luck,All, to a great season!
The Black Belt Beaters
Honest Tricksters
Followers of One Fang
Three Claws
Fifth Times the Charm
Not the Face! Not the Face!
Mwuhahaha
randomluck
Elite Overlord

Postby randomluck » Fri Nov 16, 2007 8:44 pm

Well, Bubbauk stopped my one game winning streak. Good Game!

I feel pretty good about this bunch of greenskins. I have quite a few who are in the top 5 slot for scoring and goal keeping. Admittedly, they couldn't stop Bubbauk, and it is only the second game, but overall I'm optimistic.

In other news, Bubbauk cost me another Center. Dang, that's the second one I lost! I need to loot better armor!
The Black Belt Beaters
Honest Tricksters
Followers of One Fang
Three Claws
Fifth Times the Charm
Mwuhahaha
randomluck
Elite Overlord

Postby bubbauk » Sat Nov 17, 2007 7:39 am

Good game. should see you in the playoffs. I feel good about this team in the novice league, but the way the homelands were, not in div 4 or (gulp) 3 or above. Good luck the rest of the way.
Bubbauk
bubbauk
Elite Overlord

Postby randomluck » Wed Nov 28, 2007 11:01 pm

With 8 games in, here are the standings:

Team ID WTL For-Against
Bubbauk's Big Pile Of ... 33 7-1-0 241 - 91
Chance's Big City Boys 33 7-1-0 227 - 61
Skank's Can-demon 23 5-3-0 150 - 110
Chris's Brawlers 21 4-3-1 118 - 229
Dave's Peak Pass Packers 19 4-4-0 94 - 95
sarawut's itoa 11 2-5-1 107 - 96
Marc's Shipton Sabrez 9 2-6-0 85 - 153
Wesley's Greenskin Racial Union 0 0-8-0 50 - 237

It's shaping up about as I expected. I really feel good about this team. And, my main C1 orc, knocked out while looting, is back in the ranks! Taht said, my other orcs have covered for him fine and now I wonder if I should put him back in as C1 or use him C2/C3?

Still early, but the "Bigs" (Big Pile of and Big City) are leading the pack. They don't face each other until game 12. In the meantime the City Boys face the Number 3 and Number 4 teams in the line up while Bubbauk faces the 8th and 7th placers. Going to be a tough balancing act to keep the City Boys on their feet and rested if they want to face the Pile with a decent lineup.

Hmmm...I gotta tough field to plough...and I think its going to be my player's providing the fertilizer!

Looking forward to the last half of the season!
The Black Belt Beaters
Honest Tricksters
Followers of One Fang
Three Claws
Fifth Times the Charm
Mwuhahaha
randomluck
Elite Overlord

Postby randomluck » Thu Dec 06, 2007 12:53 am

I faced Bubbauk since our inital match 10 games ago. After running the gauntlet of 3rd and 4th placers, I didn't feel too confident, but the team leveled up in time to face him and we delivered a whopping 26-12 win! Okay, its not whopping, but I'm glad for the win.

However, we have another game in 2 days and all the boys who leveled up are now in the red zone on sleep. A few will remain in the red zone even afte the two days of rest. Second line can apply some pressure, but it'll be a challenge to see if it is enough.

Gave me a nice healing bill, Bub! Good Game!
The Black Belt Beaters
Honest Tricksters
Followers of One Fang
Three Claws
Fifth Times the Charm
Mwuhahaha
randomluck
Elite Overlord

Postby bubbauk » Thu Dec 06, 2007 8:23 am

well, a little disappointing but i've got some guys that were resting. Got 1 wing and starter center back in the game. Hopefully that will put up some points.

Still scratching my head about my goalies. Defense does suck though.
Bubbauk
bubbauk
Elite Overlord

Postby randomluck » Mon Dec 10, 2007 9:52 pm

Good Game, Bubbauk! Was a close one, but I couldn't put my main guys on the line, just too tired.

After playing the Greenskin Racial Union today, perhaps I could have. Crushed them 23 to 0. I probably could have pulled that off with my second line, and used my first liners to give you more of a fight.

Take care and look forward to the rest of the season.
The Black Belt Beaters
Honest Tricksters
Followers of One Fang
Three Claws
Fifth Times the Charm
Mwuhahaha
randomluck
Elite Overlord

Postby randomluck » Tue Dec 25, 2007 11:28 pm

As required by the Orcsports code of conduct, here are our ending league standings:

Overlord's Team IQ Win-Loss-Tie Points For - Against
Bubbauk's Big Pile Of ... 85 18-3-0 828 - 210
Chance's Big City Boys 85 18-3-0 848 - 150
Skank's Can-demon 76 16-5-0 487 - 243
sarawut's itoa 45 9-11-1 446 - 290
Dave's Peak Pass Packers 42 9-12-0 254 - 804
Chris's Brawlers 30 6-14-1 215 - 796
Marc's Shipton Sabrez 19 4-17-0 228 - 431
Wesley's Greenskin Racial Union 14 3-18-0 251 - 633

Looks like a good match up. The Big City lost two of three games to the Big Pile, and one to Can-Demon. And the Big Pile lost 1 Game to Big City, 1 to Itoa, and 1 to the Can-Demon.

I feel I do have a slight advantage going into the playoff set as I have a better Against Points, and a fully rested team. But, we shall see! Anything can happen.

Additional Stats for the playoff teams:
Top Goalies;
Chance (1, 5)
Skank (2)
Bubbauk (6, 9)

Surprisingly (to me), the fourth place team has no Top goalies in the top 10, and the number 3 team has only 1.

Top scorers:
Chance (1-3, 8, 9)
BubbaUk (4 - 6, 10 )
Skank (7)

Top Face Off:
Chance (1, 2)
Bubbauk (3, 4, 9)
Skank (5, 8)
Sarawut ( 7 )

Top Bruisers:
Chance (1, 4)
Bubbauk ( 2, 3, 6, 7 )
skank (5)
sarawut (9)

Good luck on the series, peoples!
The Black Belt Beaters
Honest Tricksters
Followers of One Fang
Three Claws
Fifth Times the Charm
Mwuhahaha
randomluck
Elite Overlord

Postby randomluck » Fri Dec 28, 2007 8:13 pm

Now this is a beautiful sight!

Ylrent gained a season's worth of experience at Goalie! He is now at Goalie 4
Ipmutefnul gained a season's worth of experience at Center! He is now at Center 4
Gykuif gained a season's worth of experience at Goalie! He is now at Goalie 4
Jigeeoph gained a season's worth of experience at Wing! He is now at Wing 4

Good Game and I'm a happy orc coach!
The Black Belt Beaters
Honest Tricksters
Followers of One Fang
Three Claws
Fifth Times the Charm
Mwuhahaha
randomluck
Elite Overlord

Postby bubbauk » Sat Jan 05, 2008 8:17 am

17-8. good game Randomluck. did knock 1 of your guys out. hope that hurt! lol. I made you play alot of people but still didn't have what it took. Goalies kinda let me down and so did my offense. Made a couple of switches, (should have done it before) and hopefully I can drag this out to another game.

Nice game,
Bubbauk
bubbauk
Elite Overlord

Postby randomluck » Sun Jan 06, 2008 10:31 am

Good game, Bubbauk! I'm on vacation, thus the delayed response. Yes, healing bill was high, but two days of rest helped lower the cost to an affordable one. The KO wasn't a death, but I really need to up the armor across the team.

Do have a few people close to tired, but hopefully it won't affect the team too much.

Good luck tonight!
The Black Belt Beaters
Honest Tricksters
Followers of One Fang
Three Claws
Fifth Times the Charm
Mwuhahaha
randomluck
Elite Overlord

Postby randomluck » Sun Jan 06, 2008 8:44 pm

Well, Bubbauk, you pulled it off and we now go to the third game! Excellent game! My healing bill is through the roof (over 5200!), good thing I have two days to heal up. Did notice you lost two players in that one, which I can only hope they were important (Wing and Center), so who will win the last one? Good luck and it feels like a grudge match!
The Black Belt Beaters
Honest Tricksters
Followers of One Fang
Three Claws
Fifth Times the Charm
Mwuhahaha
randomluck
Elite Overlord

Postby bubbauk » Mon Jan 07, 2008 9:15 am

yeah, the center was important. #3 face offs, 6 scorer. The guy that took his place is good but not that good. 10 point scorer and 9 1 point scorer. I had a little depth but that one really hurt. The wing wasn't much of nothing, a wing 2.

Good luck in the Final game.
Bubbauk
bubbauk
Elite Overlord

Postby randomluck » Tue Jan 08, 2008 9:36 pm

That was a hard fought game. Lost two of my centers (C1 and C2), both high in the lists, but managed to pull out a win 21-9.

This was a great season with great competition! I didn't know if 21 would be enough to beat BubbaUk, but the Big City pulled it off!

Great Game (and Series), BubbaUk!

Now, I need to rollover (have them all picked out), armor up (big time: Leather just doesn't seem to cut it anymore), and rest (big healing bill again!).

Till future seasons, which I look forward to with Gusto!
The Black Belt Beaters
Honest Tricksters
Followers of One Fang
Three Claws
Fifth Times the Charm
Mwuhahaha
randomluck
Elite Overlord

Postby bubbauk » Wed Jan 09, 2008 8:51 am

good game! Losing that center really hurt me. Just couldn't get anything going.

Got my rollover situation finished. Not going to have all that much money going into next year though. Hopefully I can pick up a couple of orcs that will help fill out my team.

Cya probably in Div IV
Bubbauk
bubbauk
Elite Overlord

Return to Novice Division