Q1 2006

This describes the system updates that have been made.

Q1 2006

Postby TheIceMage » Fri Jan 06, 2006 10:23 am

This report covers the updates from the first quarter of 2006.

:arrow: Opened a frappr account to graph where OrcSports players are.
:arrow: Moved 95% of the game over to the new server.
:arrow: Fixed a hard-drive issue on the server that caused intermittent slowness.
:arrow: Changed barracks to show in italics any orc that is injured below his tolerance.
:arrow: Held OrcSports Feud II in the forums.
:arrow: Another training page update: see at-a-glance who can finish training before the season ends.
:arrow: Teams are now automatically seized by the League Commissioner if they forfeit three or more games in a single season. This is done to keep the leagues competitive.
:arrow: Added one informational line to the Market->Rollover page to show if you need more gold or will have a surplus at rollover. See the summary at the bottom of the page.
:arrow: Added Google Ads to the main page in an effort to help support the site and keep OrcSports free.
Last edited by TheIceMage on Mon Apr 17, 2006 3:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
TheIceMage
Site Admin

Postby tuneloon » Sat Feb 25, 2006 5:55 pm

And I will gladly click a link or two on occasion to assist in making this site remain free.

It doesn't take but a minute to click on the links, and even though I'm a new owner I am greatful. Helping run a web site is time consuming and costly (I help run one in the real world), and I will gladly help curb the expenses by giving a couple of minutes when I seem to be spending a lot of time on this site as it is.

I also appreciate the ads not being littered all over the place, which can be an eyesore.

Thanks

tuneloon
Dorc
tuneloon
Elite Overlord

Team seizure

Postby tomchaps » Wed May 03, 2006 11:19 am

First, great idea--it stinks having nonteams in a league.

I was wondering how you did it, though. Do you have an automated system for running teams, or do you have to babysit them personally? Either way, good job.
tomchaps
Senior Overlord

Postby TheIceMage » Wed May 03, 2006 11:59 am

Both, really.

I have written an AI* that handles most of the day-to-day stuff for a team. It's not super-bright, but it's good enough. It bids on orcs, sets lines, buys/sells/equips armor, puts orcs into training (if facilities are available), heals, and sends orcs looting.

I still have to manually handle things like selling excess equipment, purchase training facilities, and perform rollover. One of these days I'll automate those, but for now it's fine.

- Brett

* Technically, it's an expert system, not an AI, but whatever.
TheIceMage
Site Admin

Postby Tyrnid » Sun Sep 03, 2006 7:47 pm

you said something about keeping the site free. how can i help? it said something about google and advertise or something. srry but i would like to help this awsome site.
Gears Of War Nov. 8
Tyrnid
Senior Overlord

Postby TheIceMage » Sun Sep 03, 2006 8:44 pm

Ads are presented on the main site - www.orcsports.com. If you see something that is interesting to you, click on it. If you don't, don't click on it. :)

Or go buy a t-shirt!! http://www.cafepress.com/OrcSports
TheIceMage
Site Admin

Postby Tyrnid » Sun Sep 03, 2006 10:05 pm

ok thx ill try and but a couple of T-shirts.
Gears Of War Nov. 8
Tyrnid
Senior Overlord

Return to System Updates