Div II League - Lots a Metal

In your second season, you are in Division IV. Third season teams play in Division III. Fourth season teams play in Division II. Teams that have already played four or more seasons are in Division I. This helps keep the playing field level as your team gains experience.

Postby ettiene » Fri Sep 28, 2007 10:43 pm

Really good game tune. Will put my starters back in for next one and see if i can make it a bit more interesting. Wanted to do so for first game but forgot to make changes. Luckily my second string didnt do all to badly.
41 Championships
15 Second places
8 Third places
Avg Finish: 2.22
Undefeated teams:
Bluebulls 1st, 8th
Domination 4th,5th, 7th
Experimental morons 2nd,8th
ettiene
Overlord with the Most Balls

Postby tuneloon » Sat Sep 29, 2007 6:18 am

A couple of minimal switches coming for the next game on my end. A lot of times I swap line 1 and line 3 players at wing and center to keep them from getting tired, and it often ends up a wash.

After this game will be the major switches, as I will be moving my backup goalies in and letting my veteran starters rest.... hopefully until the playoffs. Both of them are at -3 canes, and I will have to be very selective as to when I use them. I've got a young stud at the backup spot, but being only G-3 he needs some experience. Heck, I may even switch one of them out this game, just to see how my young stud holds up.

Will do the same at other positions as well, trying to get myself set up for the post season, and next season.
Dorc
tuneloon
Elite Overlord

Postby ettiene » Mon Oct 01, 2007 9:42 pm

Oops forgot to make changes and it seems my team has fallen from grace a bit. Lost last 3 games and sitting in tied 2nd now. Hopefully i cant scrape some time together to make some changes....
41 Championships
15 Second places
8 Third places
Undefeated teams:
Bluebulls 1st, 8th
Domination 4th,5th, 7th
ettiene

Postby randomluck » Wed Oct 10, 2007 9:05 pm

What a game Tune! I was reviewing the text and when I saw you were up by like 14 points, I was positive it was over. Then, in 1 minute thirteen seconds, came a series of Four 3-pointers to bring some hope.

Coobixyeb (Honest Tricksters) knocks Jongoyuid into the Regen Chamber. 3 minutes 20 seconds left the Honest Tricksters take the lead with another 3 pointer!

Tune's Spleen Splitters aren't out of it yet. Gys (HT) passes goes to Kuuufreov, to Yewempud. Gyscuinc is open, OMG, WHERE DID Obkakok come from! His spike is and he can't get free. Yewempud takes the shot! Its Good! Tune takes the lead! It's a bloodfest people!

And with 1:00 to go, HT scores the last 3-pointer to win by 1!!!

Great game. I sincerely hope you played with your best, becuase if not I'm going to get blown out the next game. You did lose the C3 and C2 in the game, but not sure how they actually fair compared to every other player on the team.

Do think Fusmorclapp must not be your best goalie, my success I think is due more to Fus's inability to block shots than my having the superior team. Healing bill was high, over 4000, so you dished out some good damage. Overall, strange game. 26 of my guys had play time compared to 20 of yours, so your worked your way through the lines.

All in all...Good game and I look forward to the rematch!
The Black Belt Beaters
Honest Tricksters
Followers of One Fang
Three Claws
Fifth Times the Charm
Not the Face! Not the Face!
Mwuhahaha
randomluck
Elite Overlord

Postby tuneloon » Thu Oct 11, 2007 5:52 am

yeah bud, I had shuffled my lineup around, especially at goalie. I've got a youngster that I've had in for the last few games to maximize his experience. He's only G3, but is now over 300 xp towards G4. May have to switch him back for the next two games. Also have some veteran centers on the bench. Since I've secured a playoff spot, I'm trying to maximize the experience for my young orcs.

A great game none the less.
Dorc
tuneloon
Elite Overlord

Postby randomluck » Thu Oct 11, 2007 10:23 am

Figured you had a young one in for the goalie at least. I've benched most of my experienced centers, or relegated them to 3rd string. I now have lots of center with pretty good experience (lvl 6), but all but one of them have at least 1 cane.

My other positions are less strong, particularly Wing. I have one good Wing, but he's exhausted now and his backups aren't up to snuff.
The Black Belt Beaters
Honest Tricksters
Followers of One Fang
Three Claws
Fifth Times the Charm
Mwuhahaha
randomluck
Elite Overlord

Postby randomluck » Sat Oct 13, 2007 11:38 am

thanks for the whupping, Tune. That was more like I expected to see :) !
The Black Belt Beaters
Honest Tricksters
Followers of One Fang
Three Claws
Fifth Times the Charm
Mwuhahaha
randomluck
Elite Overlord

Postby randomluck » Wed Oct 24, 2007 10:26 am

Alright! Playoffs are up:
Its Tune (1st) vs Chance(4th)! Good luck Tune! Hopefully I'm a bit more competitive in this finals. I'm going to give it my best (which may not be saying much).

Second game: Ettiene vs X's & O's. My bets on Ett.
The Black Belt Beaters
Honest Tricksters
Followers of One Fang
Three Claws
Fifth Times the Charm
Mwuhahaha
randomluck
Elite Overlord

Postby tuneloon » Wed Oct 24, 2007 1:12 pm

Got the vets in for game one. Had to put them in against X & O to better my chances of getting the #1 seed. I agree that it will probably be myself and Ett in the finals (never seen that before), but you never know.

I think Ett has beat me the last two times we have faced each other in the finals, so I hope I can turn my luck around if it comes to that.

Good luck random
Dorc
tuneloon
Elite Overlord

Postby ettiene » Wed Oct 24, 2007 9:49 pm

Well the first game of the semis turned out to be a fairly one-sided affair as both tune and myself took game 1 fairly easily.

Tuneloon's Spleen Splitters 37-16 Chance's Honest Tricksters
Ettiene's Bulldozers 39-10 X's & O's

Good luck for game 2 all :wink:
41 Championships
15 Second places
8 Third places
Undefeated teams:
Bluebulls 1st, 8th
Domination 4th,5th, 7th
ettiene

Postby randomluck » Fri Oct 26, 2007 7:29 pm

Well, I gave it my best. when I saw I had 34 I thought "woohoo, that's a winning score!". then I saw your 43.

Man I suck at this game.

Good Game, Tune!
The Black Belt Beaters
Honest Tricksters
Followers of One Fang
Three Claws
Fifth Times the Charm
Mwuhahaha
randomluck
Elite Overlord

Postby tuneloon » Sun Nov 04, 2007 8:16 pm

Well, in a classic battle that seems to regularly occur between these two teams, the finals go as follows

Game 1 - Ettiene's Bulldozers (24) AT Tuneloon's Spleen Splitters (27)

Game 2 - Tuneloon's Spleen Splitters (13) AT Ettiene's Bulldozers (33)

Game 3 - Ettiene's Bulldozers (14) AT Tuneloon's Spleen Splitters (16)

Woooohoooo!!!!

the Spleen Splitters scored a 3 and 1 point goal in the last 2:30 to steal the victory in game 3.

Great series Ettiene!!
Dorc
tuneloon
Elite Overlord

Postby ettiene » Sun Nov 04, 2007 9:51 pm

Congrats on victory tune. Seems like these two teams are trading seasons currently. Hopefully in elite it will be my turn again although this team will need a bit of strengthening if they are gonna hold up in the big league. Good season all :wink:
41 Championships
15 Second places
8 Third places
Undefeated teams:
Bluebulls 1st, 8th
Domination 4th,5th, 7th
ettiene

Postby randomluck » Wed Nov 07, 2007 10:30 pm

Congrats to all of you! Great season, and it looks like I'm in the Elites to boot!
The Black Belt Beaters
Honest Tricksters
Followers of One Fang
Three Claws
Fifth Times the Charm
Mwuhahaha
randomluck
Elite Overlord

Previous

Return to Division I-IV