New Division IV League (ends November 25 2007) -- Chat away!

In your second season, you are in Division IV. Third season teams play in Division III. Fourth season teams play in Division II. Teams that have already played four or more seasons are in Division I. This helps keep the playing field level as your team gains experience.

Is Earghamdpq pronounceable?

Poll ended at Wed Oct 03, 2007 5:16 pm

Umm, no.
No votes
Not really.
No votes
Well, the beginning part is.
43%
Wot?!!?! I wanna reel poll keschun!
57%

Total votes : 7

New Division IV League (ends November 25 2007) -- Chat away!

Postby Gorblin » Wed Sep 26, 2007 5:16 pm

Hi, I'm just posting a short note in the hopes of getting the ball rolling.

One of the things I have missed in the leagues I have played in have been the banter between players. So I thought I'd take some initiative to start the blathering :)

For my part, I managed to go from the richest team in the league to one of the poorest after the first auction of the league (today). For the most part, I'm happy with my purchases. I got the stars I really wanted, but the ones I was only warm about went to other teams. One thing that made me wince was having to pay 6113g for an orc with an estimated value of 1107g! I guess at least one other player out there valued Muqgneeye as much as I did (my top bid for him was 15k gold -- I really needed a quality goalie, and there wasn't a lot to choose from).

On the down side, I only have 24 spots in my team filled out and not much cash left, so I think I'll be relying on looting to pay for my benchwarmers.

So how did you guys feel about the auction? Anything interesting about your team? I'll answer (fair) questions if you have any about the Orc Sea Morons :)

Piper
Overlord Piper:
Ballbusters - 1st, 1st, 1st, 1st
Orc Sea Morons - 3rd, 1st
Gorblin
Overlord

Postby tuneloon » Wed Sep 26, 2007 5:49 pm

I'll gladly take responsibility for running the price up!!!

Muqgneeye 2007-09-26 6112 1099 Outbid. (Currently playing for Piper's Orc Sea Morons)

he was not an orc that I needed, but he would have definately found a spot on my team.

Day one was pretty kind to me, as I only lost 2 of my eight bids, the other also to Piper's team.

Naioglim 2007-09-26 3056 813 Outbid. (Currently playing for Piper's Orc Sea Morons)

The other 6 I got for fairly cheap prices compared to my max bids, and I only need 2 more players to fill my roster with 10K cash left. This team was solid last season, and didn't need too much to be what I feel is a front runner for another title. I also did not take out a loan, so I should be able to benefit from that as the season progresses.

Good luck!!
Dorc
tuneloon
Elite Overlord

Postby Gorblin » Wed Sep 26, 2007 7:15 pm

Thank you for replying! :D

For the record, I lost 3 of my bids to Tuneloon:
name bid asking
Lurhz 3333 2715
Fjikrisen 2888 1667
Aganev 3333 1125

I could live without all 3 of them, but Fjikrisen & Aganev showed particular promise as Wings (if I remember correctly).

My team came from a novice league with a ridiculous Homelands: scores of 4 & 5 were very common for all positions except for goal. I only ended up keeping my favourite 10 players though. I have great faith in them, despite their unfortunate loss in the semifinals (to the eventual champions). At least for now, my greatest challenge will be filling out the rest of my roster, but I'm hoping quality counts for more than quantity :) We'll see if the investment in three orcs with 5 digit costs pays off.

Piper
Overlord Piper:
Gorblin
Overlord

Postby tuneloon » Wed Sep 26, 2007 8:41 pm

Lurhz has moved into my roster as a #1 Defender

The other two have filled line 2 & 3 Wing positions.

I had bids of 6112 on them as well as Muqgneeye
Dorc
tuneloon
Elite Overlord

Postby bubbauk » Thu Sep 27, 2007 3:37 pm

Overlord's Team IQ Win-Loss-Tie Points For - Against
Bubbauk's TruPower 0
Dushlan's Last Chancers 0
Kyle's Krunch 0
Nate's The Tab-Tabs 0
Piper's Orc Sea Morons 0
Scott's Big Noses 0
Tuneloon's Dream Chasers 0
Wesley's Emerald Tide 0

This is a nice league too. just finished having the season with dushlans and nates and kyles and wesley. I think in different novice leagues though. Should be fun. my day 1 went great had 8 bids out got 7 (only needed 7 to fill out roster.) I have no loan with a team who won the novice league.
High hopes in this league. Really bolstered my defense. good defense players in the homelands.

Good luck.
Bubbauk
bubbauk
Elite Overlord

hmmmmmmmmmm

Postby Dushlan » Mon Oct 01, 2007 8:17 pm

Well my lads only managed to snag 2 in the inital round, got out bidded by almost everyone on a few and then the computer went goodbye! so net cafe bound but the lads are holding. Snagged a Goalie and a Centre who are already showing their worth. My Def and Wings are both deep in talent though so hopefully it'll all come good!!!!!!! Especially since wacthing the first two rounds and then seeing the points for and against..... :wink:

This will definately be an interesting season..... Actually, thiink this is the first time I have managed Tune and Bubbauk in the same season!
Bit of blood on the ball just makes it easier to hang on to!
----
19 Championships
8 Second Places
8 Third Places
----
Dushlan
Elite Overlord

4 gamis in

Postby Dushlan » Fri Oct 05, 2007 11:24 pm

4 games in and it is already shaping up to be interesting.

Piper's Orc Sea Morons 19 4-0-0 137 - 24
Tuneloon's Dream Chasers 19 4-0-0 135 - 29
Bubbauk's TruPower 14 3-1-0 100 - 46
Dushlan's Last Chancers 14 3-1-0 162 - 22
Kyle's Krunch 4 1-3-0 36 - 168
Nate's The Tab-Tabs 4 1-3-0 49 - 99
Scott's Big Noses 0 0-4-0 18 - 116
Wesley's Emerald Tide 0 0-4-0 14 - 147

not too much seperating the top 4 at all....... :?
----
19 Championships
8 Second Places
8 Third Places
----
Dushlan
Elite Overlord

Postby tuneloon » Sat Oct 06, 2007 12:38 am

One of my best ever in this regard

Aganev gained a season's worth of experience at Wing! He is now at Wing 4
Wenba gained a season's worth of experience at Center! He is now at Center 4
Lurhz gained a season's worth of experience at Defense! He is now at Defense 4
Fjikrisen gained a season's worth of experience at Wing! He is now at Wing 4
Paxigoo gained a season's worth of experience at Center! He is now at Center 5
Cibierakwif gained a season's worth of experience at Center! He is now at Center 4

Battle of the unbeatens up next

Piper's Orc Sea Morons vs.
Tuneloon's Dream Chasers

hopefully my gains in levels will help me get a win!
Dorc
tuneloon
Elite Overlord

The season so far...

Postby Gorblin » Sun Oct 14, 2007 11:48 pm

So at 8-0, this season is turning out better than I expected. My centers have been scoring well, but I think its the two 6/6 defenders I picked up in the Homelands (Querhaflep & Oilbayo) who are having the most impact at the moment. However, it seems like my wings are made out of paper -- I've been going through my whole bench most games replacing players on that position!

Paying off my loan was difficult this season, but that's done now *phew*

The most interesting game so far has been against Dushlan's team: My 2nd-line center Wegvmar managed to score a 3 pointer with only 0:49 left in the 3rd, to finish up the game 13-11. That was a close game the whole way through. I'll have to wait & see if the rematches with the Last Chancers on games 12 & 13 are as exciting :)

Piper
Overlord Piper:
Gorblin
Overlord

Postby randomluck » Mon Oct 15, 2007 12:58 pm

I have a problem with Wings, too!
Defenders: Just need big orcs who can punch often and hard, preferably high Eek, but not critical. Level slow enough they don't need replacing often, and when you do their few skills required make it easy to locate. Heck, even a High Sneak, Mid-Pound orc can do better than a low sneak-High-Pounder. Plus, Pound is the only skill we can "augment" with equipment (spikes and such).

Goalies: High Eek, High Slam! Take forever to level up, but that's ok cause you can keep'em longer. (replacing an experienced goalie can be tricky, just need to plan it out for a season or two)

Centers: Skills are nice, but they level so fast by level 4 or 5 I think a low skilled Get/Lose will beat a High skilled lvl 3 (just a theory). Replacing, not so hard since they level so fast.

Wings: Important skills---all of them (cept slam?). They need the power of the Defender and the finesse of the Center. Plus, they have to withstand damage so toughness is a priority. Far as I can tell, none of these attributes are all found in a single Orc which is affordable.

My wings seem to be in the thick of it all the time: attacking defenders, attacking Centers, shooting goals, etc. As such, they seem to take more of a beating then everyone else. However, my wings are usually near the tops on my team's stats for both Bruisers, Targets, and Goals Scored.

Maybe the wrong thread for this comment, but since you brought up your difficulties I'm interested in whay your seeing.
The Black Belt Beaters
Honest Tricksters
Followers of One Fang
Three Claws
Fifth Times the Charm
Not the Face! Not the Face!
Mwuhahaha
randomluck
Elite Overlord

Postby Gorblin » Mon Oct 15, 2007 1:49 pm

A very interesting post, Randomluck :)

Defenders: I've been trying some sneak 3/pound 8 defenders in my div 2 team recently, and haven't been super impressed. I think you're probably right about the importance of sneak over pound.

Centers: I had a backup goalie from my Novice season that is now a first liner -- At Center 5 / Get 5 / Lose 4, he's outperforming the Center 3 / Get 3 / Lose 8 player significantly, even at scoring. So I think you're right about that too. One other thing to mention, I definitely value a Center with good Defence skills: one of my best centers started out ostensibly as a defender (with Def 3, Cen 1), but it didn't take him long to level up and start scoring and KOing at the same time.

Wings: I have some different experience than you here. I agree that Wings take part in every part of the game, but that effort is really spread out. They don't seem to have a giant impact on anything, whether its scoring or defence. So I've been recruiting orcs that are good at either O or D, and hoping that they'd help enough in that way. However, I recently bought an orc with medium skills across the board and high toughness, and he's been doing very well as a wing.

Thanks for the reply :)

Piper
Overlord Piper:
Gorblin
Overlord

hmmm

Postby Dushlan » Tue Oct 16, 2007 11:58 pm

Well, heres my 2 cents worth

My Goalies are the same from last season as i did not get a new one. So far they are holding up better than i had hoped for!!!! 4 eek and 4 slam for both.

The defence to is the same as last season with only one inclusion. the rotation of 1st and 2nd strings are in constant use as this season is damn hard! For the most part it is either 5 sneak 3 pound or the other way, most however have 4's in eek and slam

Wings: My two 1st string from last season have performed but not well. One has been in the regen tank for almost a week while the other is having to rely on a 2nd string and a new addition. The new addition however only has eek 3 so he is not really using his get 5 and lose 6 much, yet other than being target number 7.

Centres: hmmmmm I HAD depth here. two are in the regen tank with the winger and one gets out very soon. The other in about 4 days. A new addition here has really proven his worth with a littany of achievements but is currently battling exhaustion. He has an eek of 6 and the rest is all 5's, so for 1 of two successful bids i am quite happy hes working. the other main 2 are holding the fort. with 1 exhausted and 2 in the regen tank, its starting to take its toll. Both have 3's and 4's for most of their skills.

This is proving to be a damn interesting season though. And i think its about to get even more interesting. My lads have lost 2 games this season, 1 to Pipers at 13 - 11, a really closer game and the other to Tuneloon in a rather onesided affair of 27-14.

The next 4 games, 2 are against Tune, then 2 against Piper.

Good luck!

And dont forget, Bubbauk is still lurking!!!!

Piper's Orc Sea Morons 42 9-0-0 377 - 60
Dushlan's Last Chancers 33 7-2-0 299 - 76
Tuneloon's Dream Chasers 33 7-2-0 287 - 97
Bubbauk's TruPower 28 6-3-0 259 - 120
Nate's The Tab-Tabs 19 4-5-0 126 - 188
Kyle's Krunch 9 2-7-0 142 - 361
Scott's Big Noses 4 1-8-0 77 - 301
Wesley's Emerald Tide 0 0-9-0 72 - 436

:wink:
----
19 Championships
8 Second Places
8 Third Places
----
Dushlan
Elite Overlord

Postby tuneloon » Wed Oct 17, 2007 6:09 am

as for the Dream Chasers

My Goalies are solid at #3 & #8 in the league. One is from last year and will hit G5 next game, the other is new to the team and should hit G4 in about 3 games. Also have my last years starter as backup, so I've got good depth here.

My defenders are solid, but not overly special, with one exception. Lurhz leads the league in knockouts and is #5 in blocks. He was the orc I paid the most for this season.

My wings are definately not scoring enough, but do comprise of the #2 and #4 in the league in interceptions. They should continue to improve, as 3 of the 6 in my lines are new to the team this season.

My centers are mostly holdovers from last year, and the top two are doing great. One is #2 in faceoffs, while the other is #4 in scoring. I like that combo. The bench is a little thin, but does its part.

My financial situation is sweet. I have no loan, have nearly 20K in gold, and have 25 of my orcs fully rolled for next season!!! Only taking one loss last season and some good looting has really helped a lot. I have no training facilities, but right now, I don't care about that.

My season ends against Piper, who clocked me the first time we met 24-11. My other loss came against Nate's The Tab-Tabs while trying to rest some of my starters.

Good luck tonight Dush. You catch a break, as my #1C and #1W are tired and have moved to 3rd line for the evening. They should be rested and ready for the rematch on Friday, and then I face Bubba on Sat.
Dorc
tuneloon
Elite Overlord

mmmm

Postby Dushlan » Wed Oct 17, 2007 8:42 pm

Well, after the 18 - 10 loss to Tune last night the lesson is never ever rest your first string!!!!!!!!!!! A good game and typically Tune, a hard one. Well done, I look forward to the next one..... :wink:

Congrats to Bubbauks Trupower on the upset of the season so far with a 21 - 17 win over Pipers Orc Sea Morons.

It has only made the season a whole lot more interesting...... :lol:
----
19 Championships
8 Second Places
8 Third Places
----
Dushlan
Elite Overlord

hmmmm

Postby Dushlan » Mon Oct 22, 2007 5:10 am

hmmmm three loses in a row.......thats not cool!
----
19 Championships
8 Second Places
8 Third Places
----
Dushlan
Elite Overlord

Next

Return to Division I-IV