the WE PLAY NAKED League! Div I league ending Jun 25th

In your second season, you are in Division IV. Third season teams play in Division III. Fourth season teams play in Division II. Teams that have already played four or more seasons are in Division I. This helps keep the playing field level as your team gains experience.

the WE PLAY NAKED League! Div I league ending Jun 25th

Postby randomluck » Mon May 04, 2009 9:35 am

Ok, I'm an idiot and I admit it. I started my 1MGC team in Div 1, but had to go on a trip for business (that's my excuse). So I bid for a few positions, got the orcs, set them up in position. Arranged everyone the way I wanted, and promptly got beat 51-2 in the first game by CrunchTroll's Goldbricker'z iwth 1 death..

Managed to check my team while I was out, and realized I lost the 29-16 to the Cherrypickers. Suffered 2 deaths - not an auspicious beginning. Seems the competition is more brutal than the last time we were in Div I just previously.

Third game: I suffer a 103 to 4 loss by Kyle's Smukz. Four more deaths.

Today I'm reviewing my team, trying to figure out what i could possibly due to salvage their record when I realize I forgot to put armor and weapons on them.

I need a freaking checklist I tell you...

So, for the second time in my history, this post applies:
http://www.orcsports.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=571
The Black Belt Beaters
Honest Tricksters
Followers of One Fang
Three Claws
Fifth Times the Charm
Not the Face! Not the Face!
Mwuhahaha
randomluck
Elite Overlord

Postby ettiene » Tue May 05, 2009 1:53 am

Maybe I should try that with one or two of my underperforming sides. Pretty sure they will play their hearts out after 1 or 2 games of no armor :twisted:
41 Championships
15 Second places
8 Third places
Avg Finish: 2.22
Undefeated teams:
Bluebulls 1st, 8th
Domination 4th,5th, 7th
Experimental morons 2nd,8th
ettiene
Overlord with the Most Balls

Postby randomluck » Wed May 06, 2009 9:09 am

ettiene wrote:Maybe I should try that with one or two of my underperforming sides. Pretty sure they will play their hearts out after 1 or 2 games of no armor :twisted:

They will play their hearts out, or at least, be playing without hearts as they are ripped from their chest by your opponents.

In other news, my investments in the "Insidicorp Regenerative tanks" is really paying dividends!.

Game last night went better: only lost 18 to 19. I take this as a good sign considering I'm fielding everyone with no reserves, and everyone most of these aren't even 3rd stringers!
The Black Belt Beaters
Honest Tricksters
Followers of One Fang
Three Claws
Fifth Times the Charm
Mwuhahaha
randomluck
Elite Overlord

Off the beaten path.

Postby Dizzy » Wed May 06, 2009 10:56 am

Wait, wait.. wait. Your 1MGC team is trying to win games?

In Div I, the difference between winning and losing is 2000 gold. Your maximum game income (i.e. 21-0, then going through the playoffs and winning best 2 of 3 in each series) minus your minimum game income (0-21) is 89500 gold. In all likelihood, you would NOT have had a perfect season and the difference would be far lower. You can probably make up most of that lost income by drafting a really expensive orc and selling him 4 times.

The amount of money that you save on healing bills by setting your Tolerance to 40, combined with the money from selling every single bit of stuff that you loot with all of your wonderfully healthy orcs (who have very few sustained hits due to having only 1 min of playing time per game), should net you quite a bit of moolah.

So go naked! Weaponless! Get in there, fall down like a girl, and then get out again! That sounds like the 1MGC spirit to me!
Spleenrippaz -- 3rd, 6th, 1st, 1st, 1st, 3rd, 2nd
Meathooks -- 1st, 1st, 2nd, 2nd
Eels -- 1st
Dizzy
Elite Overlord

Re: Off the beaten path.

Postby randomluck » Thu May 07, 2009 9:16 am

You make a good point, Dizzy. I'll have to consider if that seems feasible. Last season in Div I the most expensive orc was only 12k. This season the most expensive orc is 23747. Your plan of action makes sense.

As for healing....who heals in 1MGC? I let "nature take its course".
The Black Belt Beaters
Honest Tricksters
Followers of One Fang
Three Claws
Fifth Times the Charm
Mwuhahaha
randomluck
Elite Overlord

Return to Division I-IV