Div II: Ain't no gentlemen's league, ain't no country club.

In your second season, you are in Division IV. Third season teams play in Division III. Fourth season teams play in Division II. Teams that have already played four or more seasons are in Division I. This helps keep the playing field level as your team gains experience.

Que pasa?

Postby Dizzy » Thu Sep 17, 2009 8:29 pm

Finals Game 1:
Dizzy's Meathooks - 11
Ettiene's Marauders - 17

Game 2:
Dizzy's Meathooks - 24
Ettiene's Marauders - 16

Methinks an Overlord forgot to do something rather important with his team prior to the second game... and it wasn't me. Lemme'splain:

In Game 1, one of the Marauders' four awesome Goalies, Nyukvesia, was stopping nigh every attempt at the 3-pt goal with a sort of half-bothered ennui (11 saves out of 12 shots faced). So, early in the 3rd Period, one of the 'Hook wings, Spoqzetod, decided that he had had quite enough, thankyouverymuch. He received a short pass, and with one mighty swing...

9:02: Spoqzetod hits Nyukvesia and knocks him out!
9:01: Spoqzetod shoots...Spoqzetod scores! A 3-point goal!

Little did the 'Hooks consider how significant that timely and rather hilarious kill might be, for we were busy hanging our heads over the Marauders' 9-pt scoring streak to win the game in the last three minutes. But yea verily, at the start of the 2nd Period of Game 2, the Marauders' 1-pt goal was empty. From there, the 'Hooks scored 14 unchallenged one-pointers, and I guar-awn-tee that this mind-boggling omission in Ettiene's line-up is THE sole reason for our victory tonight. ...Well, I did wish upon a star, too.

The odds-makers in Las Vegas didn't see that one coming!

Game 3 is Saturday, but there are no stars out tonight...
Spleenrippaz -- 3rd, 6th, 1st, 1st, 1st, 3rd, 2nd
Meathooks -- 1st, 1st, 2nd, 2nd
Eels -- 1st
Dizzy
Elite Overlord

Postby ettiene » Fri Sep 18, 2009 12:37 am

Oops :oops: Missed that one. And the best is I even looked at my lineup yesterday and saw that I didnt have a second 1st string Goalie assigned, but somewhere in managing my other team I thought I had everything sorted. Guess I didnt lol........

Although saying that I see one of my goalies has a stat of 32 faced and only 15 saved :shock: Guess he was credited with all those free shots. Would have expected my goalies to be good enough to cover two goals at the same time dammit!!! Oh well, good luck for the final game. Will try not to make the same mistake again :wink:
41 Championships
15 Second places
8 Third places
Avg Finish: 2.22
Undefeated teams:
Bluebulls 1st, 8th
Domination 4th,5th, 7th
Experimental morons 2nd,8th
ettiene
Overlord with the Most Balls

Postby TheIceMage » Fri Sep 18, 2009 10:55 am

Really, it's okay if you make that mistake again.

Interesting "bug" with the goalie stats. I knew about the "if you don't assign a full first line, the position goes unfilled for periods 2 and 3" bug, but not that one.
39-21-23-72 on 4/9/2009
34-11-14-38 on 12/5/2007
30-8-9-33 on 5/2/2007
::goldmedal:: ::silvermedal:: ::bronzemedal:: ::dog::
TheIceMage
Site Admin

Dancing with the Devil in the pale moonlight.

Postby Dizzy » Sat Sep 19, 2009 8:19 pm

It really just came down to the last two or three possessions. In the end, the Marauders emerged triumphant, 28 - 27. I swear I would have won if whoever that dingbat was on my team, limping off the field and winding the last 30 s off the clock, had just got himself back into position for one.. more.. faceoff.

Final Standings:
1) Marauders
2) Meathooks
3) Clansmen
4) Argumentativities

Tuneloon came in somewhere near the bottom. I do not question this outcome at all, and nor should any of you. Tuneloon is some kind of awesome Orcsports god, so if his team did poorly, it is part of his great plan. We can only hope to learn something from this bold tactic.
Spleenrippaz -- 3rd, 6th, 1st, 1st, 1st, 3rd, 2nd
Meathooks -- 1st, 1st, 2nd, 2nd
Eels -- 1st
Dizzy
Elite Overlord

Previous

Return to Division I-IV